Other clubs' transfers

Greg

24 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Can't really blame Adams too much. Gets out of a Championship club, moves to a "big" club in London on good wedge, while playing only occasionally and living a very relaxed lifestyle no doubt. Chelsea won't ever mean much to him though, which I think is their biggest long-term issue, players just won't generally give a fuck or play with heart. They're just a soulless pit.

What i really don't understand is that Tyler Adams is an absolute competitor. Wants to play every single game, he's massive leader in the national side too. We at the US national team level are always at our best when he's sat in front of our back 4. But maybe he's an ideal partner for Enzo? He would do the dirty work and is technically pretty good. 

32 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Can't really blame Adams too much. Gets out of a Championship club, moves to a "big" club in London on good wedge, while playing only occasionally and living a very relaxed lifestyle no doubt. Chelsea won't ever mean much to him though, which I think is their biggest long-term issue, players just won't generally give a fuck or play with heart. They're just a soulless pit.

Wait till he gets there on day one, and they show him the way to the 'midfielders room', open the door and it's like the fucking Last Night of the Proms, there's so many of them there.

Edited by brummie

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

What i really don't understand is that Tyler Adams is an absolute competitor. Wants to play every single game, he's massive leader in the national side too. We at the US national team level are always at our best when he's sat in front of our back 4. But maybe he's an ideal partner for Enzo? He would do the dirty work and is technically pretty good. 

Yeah, I like him quite a bit as a player and he is a fiery competitive type, perfect for a certain type of club and certain type of midfield. I don't personally think Chelsea is that club, would be surprising if he was a regular, and that seems to go against his personality and traits altogether. Strange club to choose in some ways but maybe there hasn't been much interest up to now and moving to them will have it's perks, even if they're the most loathsome club on the planet.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Wait till he gets there on day one, and they show him the way to the 'midfielders room', open the door and it's like the fucking Last Night of the Proms, there's so many of them there.

This one of the mysteries, why players choose certain clubs. I get the percentage of appeal to live in the capital on good money but you just know, unless you're elite, you're going to play sporadically. It's a curious thing, would be good to get player's honest feedback on why they go to these clubs beyond money and prestige, or if it's just that. Wishful thinking probably :lol:

I don't think it is possible to overstate the appeal of living in London whilst being a 25 year old multi millionaire, though.

I mean, you can have a very good life as a very rich young man in any city in this country, but London is one of 4 or 5 global megacities that are on a different level.

I am impressed none of them die young, though. That much money, in London for me when i was 25 and I'd have been toes-up through excess by 30.

Edited by brummie

1 minute ago, brummie said:

I don't think it is possible to overstate the appeal of living in London whilst being a 25 year old multi millionaire, though.

I mean, you can have a very good life as a very rich young man in any city in this country, but London is one of 4 or 5 global megacities that are on a different level.

I am impressed none of them die young, though. That much money, in London for me when i was 25 and I'd have been toes-up through excess by 30.

Aye, fair. I just wish one of these days, a young player Chelsea are pursuing in some relentless and repugnant manner, turns them down and says something honest like "I'd never want to play for a club where I won't get the playing time. I want to develop and make something of my career in the playing sense, and I am not just motivated by financial gain". He'd be my fucking hero, but will never happen.

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

It's true, players would choose to sign for Brentford for less money than come up to Newcastle, so I've heard.

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

And here’s the thing. It’s understandable that people say this stuff. It’s just…it sounds a bit hollow coming from you guys after Shearer turned down Man U to go to Newcastle.

I think it’s great he did. I love when players stay with teams their whole career, or choose their boyhood club over trophies or money or whatever. Doesn’t happen often enough. Just feels a bit rich to hear people complain about the top teams creaming off the best players and then complain that Kane/Shearer/Totti/whoever doesn’t have ambition.

Shearer turned Man United down for a team that had just nearly won the league. Without that (and Keegan) there's no way he would have come to us.

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Tbh if Tottenham is his boyhood club then I get staying, though I thought he was an Arsenal fan growing up. Staying also makes him look like Levy’s pet mug as well.

Levy would be my main reason for leaving if I was him. 

37 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Shearer turned Man United down for a team that had just nearly won the league. Without that (and Keegan) there's no way he would have come to us.

Aye he was the best player in the country and joined his boyhood club who just finished 2nd. He would’ve thought with him, he could win it with us. 

I find it strange Bayern kept bidding and bidding without some idea he wanted to come so what changed or are they that incompetent 

Then again maybe he's thinking 12 months from now and a nice free transfer and massive signing on bonus to another prem team 

Just now, jdckelly said:

I find it strange Bayern kept bidding and bidding without some idea he wanted to come so what changed or are they that incompetent 

Then again maybe he's thinking 12 months from now and a nice free transfer and massive signing on bonus to another prem team 

Confident his brother was giving them flirty eyes. 

Just now, jdckelly said:

I find it strange Bayern kept bidding and bidding without some idea he wanted to come 

They wouldnt kept bidding and even agreed a fee without positive signs from the Kane camp. This is all on Kane now.

4 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

I’m pretty sure Honigstein said last week they had a verbal agreement with him. 

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I do think Rodri is and elite DM mind.

I wouldn’t argue strongly against it. He’s developed immensely.  In his first season, he struggled badly. Pep persisted with the Gundogan x Rodri combo for 18 months and it didn’t work superbly until the very end of that time. And then for the last few years it’s just been immense. 

Gundogan is another one. He was rated at Dortmund and Germany but he wasn’t considered a Toni Kroos level elite talent. Or a Reus or Lewadowski. But he’s ended up arguably a better proponent of Pep ball than David Silva who I think was a more talented player.