Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What would you rather NUFC go for in the final few weeks of the window? An LB or a CB given it seems we only have the cash for one or the other.

If the right players become available the cash will be found, I'm convinced of that.

14 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Caicedo was the 22nd player signed by Chelsea for a fee since American investor Todd Boehly and his Clearlake consortium took over in May 2022 and takes the total outlay of the new owners to almost £900m.

So even if all the signings they made before the 5 year loophole thing was brought in they are still looking at a £100m + loss per season for the next 8 seasons?  No way that can be sustainable

4 minutes ago, simonsays said:

So even if all the signings they made before the 5 year loophole thing was brought in they are still looking at a £100m + loss per season for the next 8 seasons?  No way that can be sustainable

Thing is though, in some ways, they've been sensible. They've bought mainly young, talented, valuable players who should improve under a good manager. I don't think they have any particular desire to have any of them and they look like they've just gone shopping and now have a squad full of assets (for want of a better word) that should appreciate in value. They have some many of these assets now that, at any point in the next 3 or 4 years, they can probably sell for whatever they paid for them. This allows them to get out of any financial bother quickly. 

It's vile that they seem to see the players as pieces of meat that can be frozen and stockpiled but that's where we are.  

Just now, Gawalls said:

So not an all out deny - just a “we’re confident we’ve acted within the rules”, interesting.

Liverpool are updating their dossier as we speak. The snidey little cunts

10 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

A bit sad to see Neymar pissing away his last years in SA. At the end of his tenure here he seemed headed to so much greatness.

Few major transfers have gone as badly for every party involved as Neymar from Barça to PSG. 

Did he love the lifestyle better than the sport tho ? 

14 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

A bit sad to see Neymar pissing away his last years in SA. At the end of his tenure here he seemed headed to so much greatness.

Few major transfers have gone as badly for every party involved as Neymar from Barça to PSG. 

It was inevitable given his attitude and focus. 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

I think this kills his career to be honest. He would have been perfectly suited to West Ham and could have got back to his best, which is a good Premier League defender. 

Instead he's demanded a huge payoff, and when he hasn't got it he's decided he'd rather be a fifth choice centre back and sit on the bench. We preferred our left back in central defence instead of him ffs. 

Not sure how I feel about it tbh. While I'm glad your club doesn't get to cash in on a depreciating asset, I was also quite enjoying Moyes fucking up West Ham's future by attempting to recreate his Everton team in London's east end.

Chelsea also have around £40m a year from Chilwell, Ziyech and Lukaku to contend with.

of they’re overpaying on wages as well as fees then they may well find it difficult to shift enough over the next 2 summers to have much room to manoeuvre.

Poch must feel pretty safe though, no way they can afford a pay off this season

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

I’m going to send out a concern about us not selling players to Saudi for inflated prices. Ndombele and Al-Nassr is a match made in heaven.

You are missing out. Sell for inflated and go after Pool targets. Get Klopp even more rattled than he already is.

11 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

This is the very same Man Utd that tried to charge us £15m for a six month loan of Lindgard. I have no sympathy for them, hope Harry stays put unless they pay him out.

3 month contract at West Ham is his only option these days 

15 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

This is the very same Man Utd that tried to charge us £15m for a six month loan of Lindgard. I have no sympathy for them, hope Harry stays put unless they pay him out.

Both clubs have American owners, hopefully they are creaming off all their profits to their own subsidiary companies leaving the football clubs with a nice fat debt to service for the next decade or two.