Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Kepa is fine for where they are now, don’t understand the whole endeavour at all. 

Assume it’s some book cooking. Given he cost fuck loads I imagine he’s on daft wages whereas Sanchez and this other fella will be on a relative pittance.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Bit of both with a dash of cunty personality.

Is this true though? I thought I’d read that he’s been a hard worker at PSG, just not getting a lot of game time (understandably).

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Chelsea replacing two keepers who weren’t up to it with two even poorer keepers whilst making a loss on fees is some work.

I'm starting to think that Todd Boehlys mission is to strangle Chelsea financially. The goal is to have a crappy team while not being able to buy players for years or get rid of existing players.

On a more serious note, Boehly keep selling good players only to sign new unproven ones.. He must have a transfer addiction.

Edited by Erikse

The issue I have with Todd Boehly is that he's a co-owner of the Dodgers.

There's no way to know how involved he is in roster decisions or construction. I also believe running an American sports team is very different because the pool of coaches and players you can choose from is a lot smaller. With baseball especially it's a lot easier to apply statistics and quantify how good a player is. You just need look at some of Chelsea's recent signings - like Cucurella - as evidence that some players are made by the system they're in rather than natural ability. 

10 hours ago, Erikse said:

:nope:

Hope Ramsey does well there - we have a buy back clause just in case, mind.

I see Archer is off to Sheffield United for £18m also with a buy back clause.

Plus Philogene to Hull (which I have to say, I am extremely surprised by, both his departure and it being Hull). Don't believe the 5m being mentioned, though.

Either way that's 35m plus of homegrown talent sold in the last few weeks.

25 minutes ago, brummie said:

Hope Ramsey does well there - we have a buy back clause just in case, mind.

I see Archer is off to Sheffield United for £18m also with a buy back clause.

Plus Philogene to Hull (which I have to say, I am extremely surprised by, both his departure and it being Hull). Don't believe the 5m being mentioned, though.

Either way that's 35m plus of homegrown talent sold in the last few weeks.

That pure FFP profit 

I’m really surprised you’ve let Philogene go too, he looked a talent. And to Hull?!!

24 minutes ago, Big River said:

yeah really surprised and a bit disappointed to see that. he looked really good against us

It doesn't make any sense, really - unless we are signing someone into his sort of position.

Emery said at the end of pre-season he was going to be staying with the first team.

25 minutes ago, brummie said:

It doesn't make any sense, really - unless we are signing someone into his sort of position.

Emery said at the end of pre-season he was going to be staying with the first team.

Remember reading from Emery’s time at Arsenal he didn’t trust the youth players enough:

https://www.justarsenal.com/do-not-be-so-confident-unai-emery-will-promote-youth-this-season/216061/amp

Grealish 100 million

Chukwuemeka 20 million

Cameron Archer 18 million

Jacob Ramsey 12 million

Philogene 5 million

Keinan Davis 1 million

160 million of pure profit. We need to sort out academy out asap. 

That being said - it's a bit sad how FFP almost means clubs are now prioritising the sale of academy players to pay for incomings.