Other clubs' transfers

Greg

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Gabri Veiga to Saudi ... my goodness.

Just old men they are signing they said. Just another China they said. 

This is only the first summer of them really targeting top players from Europe.

Signs of the beginning stages of the Saudi football takeover. They will become the super league.

Maybe in the Middle East. As I’ve discussed on here before this is all impart a big tourist attraction to other Muslim nations. 

Outside curiosity no one in the west will give a shit.

Really don't like the West Ham move for Kudus. He'll do well there because he has a lot of fight in him and so Moyes will love him.

From a more technical point of view though, he should have gone to Brighton. Think he becomes a major star there quickly and probably moves again within a year or two to almost any top club of his choice.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

English fans may not watch it, but from what I'm seeing and hearing pretty much everyone else will.

Understandable as it's not on any of the mainstream channels. Only the ones who understand how to do questionable streaming through vpns and the like can watch it easily....if it got picked up by sky/Amazon/but etc it would start to get a lot more interest here due to the number of good players who have gone there

14 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Understandable as it's not on any of the mainstream channels. Only the ones who understand how to do questionable streaming through vpns and the like can watch it easily....if it got picked up by sky/Amazon/but etc it would start to get a lot more interest here due to the number of good players who have gone there

I'm still not convinced like. I know the appetite for football is large but even the most exciting Saudi teams probably have the quality of a mid-table PL team or lower. And people have heard of Benzema but they haven't heard of St Maximin et al (in the world).

I don't want to be an auto-cynic just because it's Saudi, and if they pump money in forever I guess it will have an influence. But I just can't envisage a future where people follow it. I could very well be wrong. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

19 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Exactly, the main issue is the ease of actually watching the games.

I personally can't be arsed trying to find a way to access it, but if it's on any of the more standard channels/stations I'll definitely flick over and watch because some of the teams and players are intriguing enough.

15 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

This one is quite weird really. For all I agree with players needing to fit a style, this guy won Ballon d'Or last year and you've been handed him as striker in a diddy league :lol: I wouldn't be complaining.

It's quite funny West Ham has become the last port in the storm. Paqueta didn't get his move last summer, I guess West Ham will do. Same for Kudus now. It doesn't bode well for them sticking around.

Edited by The Prophet

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's quite funny West Ham has become the last port in the storm. Paqueta didn't get his move last summer, I guess West Ham will do. Same for Kudus now. It doesn't bode well for them sticking around.

Nope. Kudus to West Ham though.

The Saudi league teams are only allowed 8 foreign players each. Thatll have to change if they want to make bigger progress. 

If im at a loose end ill happily watch some Serie A or La Liga, even stretching to Bundesliga, Ligue 1, SPL or less leagues. Unless i've got a specific reason to, I can guarantee that ill never sit and watch a Saudi league game like. Ill never have an interest in it because its so artificial. 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

They’re also the type of signings the European elite will be more concerned with long term. 

They’re quite happy to receive inflated fees for ageing stars they want off the books, but if the Saudis start hoovering up young stars the outcry will really start.

I think it’s a bigger threat to midtable Prem teams and the likes of Sevilla. The elite is always the elite. If Real wanted the lad he would be there.  These are the type of ‘coup’ signings West Ham would love to make. 

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Maybe in the Middle East. As I’ve discussed on here before this is all impart a big tourist attraction to other Muslim nations. 

Outside curiosity no one in the west will give a shit.

I agree, not many in the west will watch it, actually I don't even watch football outside of England tbh. But the world is a big place, not everyone lives in the west, maybe the Saudi league will become popular in the east.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Really don't like the West Ham move for Kudus. He'll do well there because he has a lot of fight in him and so Moyes will love him.

From a more technical point of view though, he should have gone to Brighton. Think he becomes a major star there quickly and probably moves again within a year or two to almost any top club of his choice.

It's fucking rank, almost annoys me as much as Paqueta going to West Ham last season. Skilful players are basically putting their careers on hold signing for a Moyes team. I hope the wage packet compensates well enough.

KSA’s league would still need to justify the expenditure in some way or form.  Paying 10x what European clubs will play to persuade a player to sign isn’t sustainable, as the revenue streams won’t ever exist to meet that.  So it becomes a case of how long the KSA govt wants to prop this up.  Maybe that is forever; I doubt it, though.