Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, rgk_lfc said:

Before Leicester, there was Southampton. Their owner died, daughter wasn't all that interested, the background team started leaving one by one leading to the current situation.

As long as Bloom is around, Brighton will be more than fine. He is the best poker player among all owners in Europe. He pulled Chelsea's pants down with the Cucurella and Potter. At some point, they will stumble and maybe even get relegated. But in the long term, Brighton will be fine. I expect the same out of Leicester, by the way. I know the previous owner's son isn't as invested into Leicester as the previous owner. But they have put together a good footballing infrastructure. In a couple of years, they will be back up and established as a PL team. 

Aye.  Owners are the most important people at a club.

37 minutes ago, brummie said:

Yes.

He's our only right back at the moment.

He looked good going forward but dodgy at defending during pre season so hopefully we can catch him cold 

12 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's an interesring point like, we see first hand with our own players how our style of play (and Eddie's coaching) can make a player look much better. Just in our case it seems to have the opposite effect on a player's value - the previous mismanagement sort of being accepted as their true level. If Willock was a Brighton player he would be getting far greater praise than he does here for example.

Mac Allister did well at the World Cup, but in general there could be an element of players just looking great in Brighton's system and that not translating as well elsewhere, which makes buying from them a bit of a rippoff.

I genuinely don't see it with Caciedo, where as I see Mac Allister being a class player  and the fee he went for was a bit of anomaly given the release clause was on the cheap side. 

Bang on @rgk_lfc re buying from Dortmund, RB and Brighton - you get the feeling there's this inflation and aura about their players that in reality, hasn't been all hit and really has seen more misses. Granted, those transfers seem to have been to clubs who have been in in a bit of turmoil from a manager standpoint, so there is that (thinking Cuc, Bissouma, Sancho, etc). 

Tony Bloom is one of the best owners out there, but there will always be a limit to the player recycling and trading + manager replacements. If De Zerbi goes, whos the next gem? WIll he be able to quickly reshape the team in his image and keep the club ticking? 

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Konsa not be shifted out there ?

I doubt it.

I think there is more chance he'll play Cash there and shift Pau Torres out to the left (Moreno is out).

He did that in the last US friendly.

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I genuinely don't see it with Caciedo, where as I see Mac Allister being a class player  and the fee he went for was a bit of anomaly given the release clause was on the cheap side. 

Bang on @rgk_lfc re buying from Dortmund, RB and Brighton - you get the feeling there's this inflation and aura about their players that in reality, hasn't been all hit and really has seen more misses. Granted, those transfers seem to have been to clubs who have been in in a bit of turmoil from a manager standpoint, so there is that (thinking Cuc, Bissouma, Sancho, etc). 

Tony Bloom is one of the best owners out there, but there will always be a limit to the player recycling and trading + manager replacements. If De Zerbi goes, whos the next gem? WIll he be able to quickly reshape the team in his image and keep the club ticking? 

Sancho was a player getting bought due to hype and profile at the time. It felt like they didn’t give the slightest consideration as to what made him so good at Dortmund and if the same conditions existed at Man U. 

25 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Sancho was a player getting bought due to hype and profile at the time. It felt like they didn’t give the slightest consideration as to what made him so good at Dortmund and if the same conditions existed at Man U. 

Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Keita, Sahin - there is a decent list of players going to well coached teams and not living up to their transfer hype. 

Lowball bastards :lol:

I think Frank has said in numerous interviews that Raya was the only player for sale and that the price is £40m. 

Arteta’s Spanish goalkeeping coach was poached from Brentford in 2019, he’s probably the one who’s pushed the idea of this deal.

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Lowball bastards :lol:

I think Frank has said in numerous interviews that Raya was the only player for sale and that the price is £40m. 

Arteta’s Spanish goalkeeping coach was poached from Brentford in 2019, he’s probably the one who’s pushed the idea of this deal.

He’s only got one year left, they aren’t getting 40 million.

30 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol:

Your hatred of Frank *chef's kiss*

That was edited down but I thought I best wait until the season actually starts before I lose my mind. 

17 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

I was thinking about all the players who BHA have sold on for significant amounts I struggle to think of one who has been an outstanding success at their new clubs, White, Bissouma, Maupay etc etc. Interesting to see if Caicedo is a success if sold or if Mac Allister does it at Liverpool.

White has been a success.  He’s fully legit.  

Caicedo wil be a hit.  He’s the best of the lot. Physically he’s A1, his positioning is excellent, great interceptor, strong in the tackle, wins his headers, passes through the lines, smart player can play in multiple positions well. 

MacAllister is solid. Good at 6,8,10 but not outstanding.  Will function well at Liverpool. They need mobile players that can do a bit of everything.