Other clubs' transfers

Greg

18 minutes ago, duo said:

I am amazed Brentford agreed to it. Don't they need the finds to purchase a new keeper?

Already got one haven't they? Been playing ahead of Raya preseason. 

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I don’t understand that transfer on any level other than Arsenal wanting to avoid FFP. Why are they spending so much on a backup keeper? Why are Brentford letting him go for such a low loan fee? It’s not far off what we got for Dubravka

Surely he starts over Ramsdale? He’s a better keeper for sure. 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Surely he starts over Ramsdale? He’s a better keeper for sure. 

Haven’t watched them both enough to comment but I’d say they’re both first choice keepers rather than back up keepers for top 12 teams in the premier league 

Just now, gbandit said:

Haven’t watched them both enough to comment but I’d say they’re both first choice keepers rather than back up keepers for top 12 teams in the premier league 

Now that Chelsea have replaced Kepa, Ramsdale is comfortably the worst keeper for one of the top teams. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

They literally scored the 4th most in the league and had the 3rd highest Xg in the league. Across 38 league games and a run to the FA Cup semi final. Not 2 league games and pre season. Your first and fundamental point is simply not true. 

Yes if they had better quality attackers they would score more goals. As would every other team in the league. Considering the players they actually have - scoring the 4th most goals and 3rd for Xg is a sign of a great attacking team.  

It is pretty much pointless if you win 5-1 or 2-1. They could not score in important games like Fa Cup Semi or against us despite pretty big control. That is difference to top clubs. And your point about Potter's Brighton not scoring seems not true also if you look last season. They failed to score in 1 of 6 games under him in EPL last season, scoring 5 in his last. 

They do score a lot, but sometimes their play seems like nice but not very dangerous. It was clear at SJP last season for example. But what do I know.

But like I said, lets discuss this during the season and while analysing their games. It is pretty stupid conversation to have if your point of view is that everyone else is wrong. 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not true. 

Surprised so many people quoting Matt Hughes. You'd think he has a broken spine the way he's getting on. 

Likely to make his debut against Forest. 

He’s a cripple m8, finished club. Ratio.

Jokes aside, any risk starting him?

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t remember thinking Ramsdale looked poor last season. What’s the issue with his game? Positional play?

I'd say he's about equal level to Raya. I think the problem Arsenal have is the drop off from Ramsdale to Turner was massive. Any sort of injury to him could totally derail their season. 

Now they have good cover and a season to see which of them can hold down the number one spot. Seems like it's been quite opportunistic due to Raya's contract situation and them having already bought his replacement. 

I can see a brutal logic to it, sign another keeper of high quality who expects to start and let the best keeper win, the other will be pissed and you can try and sell him a year later, it just feels a bit of a recipe for dressing room unrest. May prove me wrong, or maybe he won't be that good but will hit Ramsdale's confidence significantly and it will be a lot of wasted wages.

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

Masters is a Villa fan. You'll get no joy out of him.

Oh I dont mind Villa. Wasnt aimed at you. Its just that it was mass hysteria from the cartel when Maximin was sold. It was call Masters, and investigate the Maximin deal on the basis it was inflated.

Edited by nufc123

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Oh I dont mind Villa. Wasnt aimed at you. Its just that it was mass hysteria from the cartel when Maximin was sold. It was call Masters, and investigate the Maximin deal on the basis it was inflated.

Yeah, i was only joking ;) no worries