Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I am desperately hoping that my theory of “young footballers who instantly land a 250k per week, nine-year contract will suffer immediate demotivation “ holds true. Especially when there’ll be 30 other young footballers sharing the locker room with you.

He's obviously not putting football ambition at the top of his priorities if he's joining Chelsea ahead of Liverpool when they are on the verge of signing Caceida. Don't they play the same position?

Chelsea are still signing everyone on 8 year contracts.. It's almost as if they are just signing anyone to make sure other clubs don't get them at this point. Klopp should be asking for an investigation, but he's too busy trying to get Newcastle for selling ASM for 30 mill[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It is. But the actual contract length can be anything. 

So they’re handing out these long term contracts to lock in players at “lower wages”? And accepting the risk that player might  turn out to be  crap or get injured?

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

So how does that midfield work for Chelsea? Lavia and Cacideo are both holding mids, no? Enzo is also a deeper play maker but probably can be a very useful 8 (ala Bruno) 

Played 3 at the back yesterday as well

So 3-5-2 with 3 defensive midfielders

Sounds like Conte at spurs

Edited by jack j

9 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

So they’re handing out these long term contracts to lock in players at “lower wages”? And accepting the risk that player might  turn out to be  crap or get injured?

Prevents players wanting leave, having guaranteed income (on large wages too) for 8 years. Injuries, loss of form, requirement to upgrade, requirement to get players to leave for financial reasons eg relegation, change of ownership et. - they’ll find it hard to shift anyone. 

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Played 3 at the back yesterday as well

So 3-5-2 with 3 defensive midfielders

Sounds like Conte at spurs

Ya, i guess so - just unique to a Poch team, no? Isn't he usually a 4-3-3 guy?

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I hate seeing players choose Chelsea like. Horrible club 

:thup:

honestly I don't know that I hate it more than I love seeing players turn Liverpool down though 

Edited by OpenC

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

:lol: I'm assuming that was from River Plate and the same price Benfica actually paid. So funny.

How is any of this above board? We so much as ripple a butt cheek close to FFP and it's over analysis from everyone under the sun, while clubs like Chelsea shit all over FFP and it's tumbleweed city. Fuck UEFA/FIFA, the cunts that run the PL and anyone else who's clearly corrupted the game, man. Honestly.