Other clubs' transfers

Greg

31 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

As a fan I would find it very difficult to get too attached to any new signings. Imagine bringing in someone like Tonali and thinking he could only be here for a season or two.

Can't wait to see what happens to Man City post Pep, the gap to the other 19 surely narrows.

We will be fighting for a top 4 finish that’s what will happen. :)

5 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

We will be fighting for a top 4 finish that’s what will happen. :)

You think the drop off will be that big? Surely not, your academy will be producing all sorts for years to come and I can't see your rep dropping significantly to the point you'll be unable to attract the world's best.

55 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You think the drop off will be that big? Surely not, your academy will be producing all sorts for years to come and I can't see your rep dropping significantly to the point you'll be unable to attract the world's best.

Well when Pep left Bayern the drop off was huge, I’m hoping we’re still competitive and challenging for the title but I can’t see it.

We’re all football fans here, and we know it’s a cycle of success and non success, and we’re heading for the latter.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

What's gaanin on?

Endlessly signing players again.

The big Greek lad is doing what any of us would do given the transfer fax machine for our clubs, just spaffing money everywhere.

He's having the time of his life.

It's going to end badly when they invariably go down, mind.

15 minutes ago, Maineblue said:
53 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think I'd be ready for a bit of jeopardy if I was a Man City fan. :lol:

Can you elaborate on what you mean pls.

It's only me but I know I'd just feel somewhat disaffected after such relentless success. 

Over the past six seasons you've won 76% (or avoided defeat in 87%) of all Premier League matches scoring an average of 2.54 goals per game. In addition to 12 competitive cup finals, nine of which resulted in silverware. 

If you still feel every goal and every win in the same way you always have, absolutely credit to you, genuinely. I just know it would be diluted for me at this point. 

12 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Well when Pep left Bayern the drop off was huge, I’m hoping we’re still competitive and challenging for the title but I can’t see it.

We’re all football fans here, and we know it’s a cycle of success and non success, and we’re heading for the latter.

I didn't realise it was that bad at Bayern, then again I pay little to no attention to any football outside England. Got nothing against Man City personally, one of my very close mates is a massive City fan but for the sake of the competition I hope you're right and they do drop off.

Do you think Pep will leave soon though? 

I thought before the PL he only stayed at each club about 4 years (haven't looked this up by the way) but with Man City, he's got a club where he can basically buy who he wants, change tactics and mould of team, try new things - all whilst being in a league where it's not "completely" guaranteed that you'll win it each time, it's pretty competitive with some great managers. Unless he retired, where else would he go for that much stimulation? I can't believe he wants a quiet life yet. 

With Newcastle coming up and us determined eventually to be number 1, we could have quite a nice fight on that would be very interesting to witness. 

The only other thing I could see him doing would be returning to Barcelona to restore their former glory. But who knows I guess, just speculating. 

30 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Hip Hop Reaction GIF

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's only me but I know I'd just feel somewhat disaffected after such relentless success. 

Over the past six seasons you've won 76% (or avoided defeat in 87%) of all Premier League matches scoring an average of 2.54 goals per game. In addition to 12 competitive cup finals, nine of which resulted in silverware. 

If you still feel every goal and every win in the same way you always have, absolutely credit to you, genuinely. I just know it would be diluted for me at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I didn't realise it was that bad at Bayern, then again I pay little to no attention to any football outside England. Got nothing against Man City personally, one of my very close mates is a massive City fan but for the sake of the competition I hope you're right and they do drop off.

We will absolutely have a drop off very very soon, maybe this season but certainly next season imo, I don’t like winning all the time, I could certainly do without winning the league for maybe 4/5 seasons, but I’d love to win one more CL, thrashing them arrogant twats Real at Wembley would be a dream.

I don’t like the red clubs so hopefully you guys can do something and challenge win a league title, but I do agree we need different names on the trophy and i hope it happens.

28 minutes ago, brummie said:

The big Greek lad is doing what any of us would do given the transfer fax machine for our clubs, just spaffing money everywhere.

They've signed less players than us this window.

48 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Am i missing something? Genuine question.

After he left Bayern, they won the league every year for the next seven years, did the double twice in the next three or four years and won the Champions League under the managerial genius of Hansi Flick.

I'd take that kind of drop off willingly.

Edited by brummie

2 hours ago, brummie said:

Everyone swore they'd go down last season, because too many players. Nope.

I think they'll be fine. They've got some decent players there and will seemingly keep looking to improve the team.

2 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Do you think Pep will leave soon though? 

I thought before the PL he only stayed at each club about 4 years (haven't looked this up by the way) but with Man City, he's got a club where he can basically buy who he wants, change tactics and mould of team, try new things - all whilst being in a league where it's not "completely" guaranteed that you'll win it each time, it's pretty competitive with some great managers. Unless he retired, where else would he go for that much stimulation? I can't believe he wants a quiet life yet. 

With Newcastle coming up and us determined eventually to be number 1, we could have quite a nice fight on that would be very interesting to witness. 

The only other thing I could see him doing would be returning to Barcelona to restore their former glory. But who knows I guess, just speculating. 

Man City is the perfect club for him.  They indulge him. The fans indulge him. He can’t get that anywhere else apart from NUFC. All the other big clubs have major politics. Pep has his boys in the big rooms. He’ll only leave once he’s bored or wants to take a step back. 

Barcelona is a political nightmare. You’ll have to deal with a more antagonistic local and national press. Board members with their own motives.  And financial restrictions. And they like a marquee signing with big names and big egos. Pep hates that stuff. He hates the politics. He’s basically Emperor of Man City. He’s almost bigger than the club. He’ll never have that at Barca.   

Edited by The College Dropout

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Everyone swore they'd go down last season, because too many players. Nope.

I think they'll be fine. They've got some decent players there and will seemingly keep looking to improve the team.

This time they are selling Johnson by the looks of it. He was a key man.  They needed some stability this season. MGW, the big handsome striker they got, Johnson. Those 3 and the ability to keep enough clean sheets would’ve kept them up.  Lose one.  Now I’m not sure.