Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

“it’s up to Cole Palmer” isn’t really a ringing endorsement mind. If he thought really highly of him he’d have told them he’s not for sale at all. 

Pep has stated earlier that if any player wants to leave, they can just tell him and the club will try to sort it out. He doesn't want to have any players who doesn't want to be there 100%.

Why did Liverpool let Mane go? Why did Arsenal let Xhaka go?

Edited by Erikse

8 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Does he not want to leave because Pep isn’t too fussed about him?

I strongly suspect the same about Lavia, who must be below Kalvin Phillips in Pep's view.

I'm much happier about us buying Hall and Livramento as ex Chelsea, insert long list, than players who are ex Man City.

6 hours ago, Viana said:

I can't help but feel like FFP is broken if it makes more sense to sell promising young players to fund shiny new things.

If Cole Palmer doesn’t want to be at City what can the club do, hold him hostage ?

It has nothing to do with selling young talent to fund shiny new players, your way off with your analysis.

2 hours ago, Stottie said:

I strongly suspect the same about Lavia, who must be below Kalvin Phillips in Pep's view.

I'm much happier about us buying Hall and Livramento as ex Chelsea, insert long list, than players who are ex Man City.

Can I ask - why wouldn’t you wanna sign ex Man City players ?  I’m not having a pop by the way.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Pep runs a weird cult. One where everybody must be totally happy to stay. A ‘no frowns’ policy. So if you want to leave you can leave.  

So you stay, you smile. You take being benched. You take being out the team with a smile. Or you’re out. 

Aka very good squad management. 

Im taking the piss a bit. But Pep isn’t known as the best man manager. You’ll find a number of ex players who criticise him. So he’s outsourced it to the players themselves.  You make yourself happy.  If you don’t - no bother - I’ll replace you with someone who is happy and we will keep on winning. Believe me. 

Because he likes a small squad and is a horses for courses guy. Yeh 85% of the squad will ‘get minutes’ but it may be too few minutes. 

As a fan I would find it very difficult to get too attached to any new signings. Imagine bringing in someone like Tonali and thinking he could only be here for a season or two.

Can't wait to see what happens to Man City post Pep, the gap to the other 19 surely narrows.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

As a fan I would find it very difficult to get too attached to any new signings. Imagine bringing in someone like Tonali and thinking he could only be here for a season or two.

Can't wait to see what happens to Man City post Pep, the gap to the other 19 surely narrows.

Surely narrows aye.  But every Man City manager they’ve hired has won the league.  Mancini, Pellegrini. But it won’t be the same level of dominance. I hope anyway.