Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Seems everyone is coming to Villas rescue, have they been helpful to others in the past.

We don't exactly need rescuing, but I do agree, this is most unusual.

Then again, look at it another way, PSR is forcing clubs to do things they don't want to be doing, and although Kellyman is meant to be promising, I'd rather bring in another 20m for him and minimise the need to sell an established player.

Also, it shows that plundering other clubs academies is a strategy worth doing.

We set out a deliberate policy 5 years or so ago to hoover up the best talent from the academies of other clubs in the midlands.

That's how Kellyman came (from Derby), Iroegbunam and several others (from Albion), Chukwuemeka (Northampton). Then we develop them in our own academy and sell them for significant sums of money.

The rules are shit, but you have to find a way to play along with them, I guess.

Edited by brummie

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

There's definitely more to all this,  you scratch my back ill scratch yours. 

I know Wes Edens (our other owner) gets on well with Boehly but I fail to see how giving us tons of money for a teenager helps Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

We don't exactly need rescuing, but I do agree, this is most unusual.

Then again, look at it another way, PSR is forcing clubs to do things they don't want to be doing, and although Kellyman is meant to be promising, I'd rather bring in another 20m for him and minimise the need to sell an established player.

Also, it shows that plundering other clubs academies is a strategy worth doing.

We set out a deliberate policy 5 years or so ago to hoover up the best talent from the academies of other clubs in the midlands.

That's how Kellyman came (from Derby), Iroegbunam and several others (from Albion), Chukwuemeka (Northampton). Then we develop them in our own academy and sell them for significant sums of money.

The rules are shit, but you have to find a way to play along with them, I guess.

I think it’s an absolute joke and a disgrace the way that the system is being cheated. 

I wish we were involved in it [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Vaj said:

I think it’s an absolute joke and a disgrace the way that the system is being cheated. 

I wish we were involved in it [emoji38]

Genuine question, though, how is it being cheated?

I agree, it looks a bit, well, odd, but it's not like the clubs are selling each other furniture for £15m a char or something. Or hotels.

And even then, if the clubs have players the other club likes the look of, and it makes sense to mutually sell, then that's fair enough, that's a by-product of this shitty PSR system, forcing clubs to decide to work with each other.

37 minutes ago, brummie said:

I agree, it looks a bit, well, odd, but it's not like the clubs are selling each other furniture for £15m a char or something. Or hotels.

And even then, if the clubs have players the other club likes the look of, and it makes sense to mutually sell, then that's fair enough, that's a by-product of this shitty PSR system, forcing clubs to decide to work with each other.

Was a bit tongue in cheek to be fair. As you say it is all a bit odd but the ridiculous rules mean that teams need to find ways round it

I don't have any problem with the clubs doing this it makes perfect sense, however even if there werent any other issues FFP encouraging academy products to be traded around for the sake of balancing books, and even just being sold for profit having broken into first team is absolutely ridiculous and should be cause enough for it to be completely rethought to achieve what they said it was meant to do. Clubs should be actively encouraged to bring through and play their youth products. Is there anything sadder than like Connor Gallagher being lined up to be sold by Chelsea, he's a chelsea fan who came through system and has captained them. How can it be right that the club benefits way more selling him than keeping him?

1 hour ago, brummie said:

100% agree

The rules are ridiculous and ridiculous workarounds are needed to circumvent them. The whole thing needs to be scrapped and completely reworked so shit like this isn't necessary and clubs can spend what they can afford. The new rules need to allow ambition without unlimited spending whilst simultaneously protecting clubs from shit owners. It needs to be genuinely fair and not just 'fair' on the label

Said this before - Villa’s fees and wages were very high at the end of last season and they went again this season. 100% they would fail FFP this season without these sales. As would Chelsea which is why they are trading in circles.  

I like Chelsea’s approach to FFP tbf. They will find a way.  

I would like us to trade with others in a similar situation so we don’t have to sell the likes of Wilson or Trippier for non footballing reasons. 

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m fairly confident David at Chelsea would be a disaster. I like him but at Chelsea, his career goes backwards 

Aye, can’t see him ever being given the game time to settle, and if he was, everyone around him will be rotated, so his type of supply will constantly change.

Out of all the moves open to him, a move to Chelsea is possibly the worst option for him.
Wherever he goes, he will need to be allowed to settle in, I very much doubt he’s a hit the ground running type of player.