Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I’ll be shocked if we get £20million for him with him turning 30.

Fulham will have payed us £48million for Gayle and Mitro :laugh:

Gayle is not "turning 30", he's 28 and 7 months.

I see from your profile you are 69. If that's not a hilarious sex related joke and it's your real age I suppose you are turning 71 are you?

Obsessed with keeping Gayle you’re even willing to make him younger :laugh:

And aye 69 can’t you tell by my wisdom?

Wiki says 29 and 30 in a few months can’t say I’ve seen his exact birth certificate though.

Fair enough I take it back. I'm certain his Wiki date of birth made him 28 and 7 months when I checked the other day. Maybe Wiki was edited since then?

I'm not obsessed with keeping Gayle but I also am not one of those people who would sell him for £10m. If NUFC can sell Gayle for a good price and upgrade on him then I'm all for it. Ashley's NUFC track record suggests that's far from a given.

£20m is certainly at the top end of his market value but when you think of the prize money for promotion, £15m+ is a fair asking price for a selling club (and a reasonable gamble for the buying club) for a striker who has scored 46 goals in his last 71 Championship appearances.

Exactly. Fulham sold Ross McCormack for 12m in 2016. He was then 2 weeks from turning 30 and had 38 goals from 89 championship games for them.

Only fair that we start talks at 20m as Gayle is younger, has a better goal scoring record (although playing for better teams) and the market prices have been inflated

I’ll be shocked if we get £20million for him with him turning 30.

Fulham will have payed us £48million for Gayle and Mitro :laugh:

Gayle is not "turning 30", he's 28 and 7 months.

I see from your profile you are 69. If that's not a hilarious sex related joke and it's your real age I suppose you are turning 71 are you?

Obsessed with keeping Gayle you’re even willing to make him younger :laugh:

And aye 69 can’t you tell by my wisdom?

Wiki says 29 and 30 in a few months can’t say I’ve seen his exact birth certificate though.

Fair enough I take it back. I'm certain his Wiki date of birth made him 28 and 7 months when I checked the other day. Maybe Wiki was edited since then?

I'm not obsessed with keeping Gayle but I also am not one of those people who would sell him for £10m. If NUFC can sell Gayle for a good price and upgrade on him then I'm all for it. Ashley's NUFC track record suggests that's far from a given.

Maybe I did :laugh:

Joking I just assumed Wiki was right not 100% on it though.

To be fair I’d drive him there for even £10million hoping for £15million though to boost funds for Rafa to get players that can actually move us forward into the Top 8/9.(IE Not Dwight “Championship Messi” Gayle)

£20m is certainly at the top end of his market value but when you think of the prize money for promotion, £15m+ is a fair asking price for a selling club (and a reasonable gamble for the buying club) for a striker who has scored 46 goals in his last 71 Championship appearances.

Exactly. Fulham sold Ross McCormack for 12m in 2016. He was then 2 weeks from turning 30 and had 38 goals from 89 championship games for them.

Only fair that we start talks at 20m as Gayle is younger, has a better goal scoring record (although playing for better teams) and the market prices have been inflated

Hopefully someone will actually pay it though :thup:

Best hope is probably Fulham or a Premier League big spender like Bournemouth for £20million.

Not sure the likes of Norwich or Sheff Utd will go over £15million.

Is that a done deal?

Surprised he’s off tbh.

Don't believe there's any done deal news yet.

But Pep clearly doesn't care for him. Even though he's class. Probably a freak and/or weirdo.