Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Mahmoud Hassan

Egyptian footballer

DescriptionMahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim Hassan, commonly known as Trézéguet, is an Egyptian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Turkish club Kasımpaşa and the Egypt national team. Wikipedia

Villa agreed a £8.5mil fee for Trezeguet

Very good signing.

However how many of the new signings will be starting?

If they have 5/6 new players starting could be a big ask for it to gel well.

Completely different approach to Fulham though apparently :laugh:

Agreed, sadly. Knew they’d splash the cash if they came up, the cunts.

Some folk have them in the bottom 5 this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them 10-14th.

Most of the bottom half are hard to separate but none of them will break into the Top 10.

How I see it at the moment..

Watford

Palace(If they keep Zaha)

Burnley

Bournemouth

Villa

Steve Bruce

Brighton

Sheff Utd

Norwich

Agreed, sadly. Knew they’d splash the cash if they came up, the cunts.

Some folk have them in the bottom 5 this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them 10-14th.

Most of the bottom half are hard to separate but none of them will break into the Top 10.

How I see it at the moment..

Watford

Palace(If they keep Zaha)

Burnley

Bournemouth

Villa

Steve Bruce

Brighton

Sheff Utd

Norwich

At the moment it’s pretty damn easy to separate the teams. It’s only ours whose current top scorer (that is still employed by the club) from last year got a whopping 4 goals. Unless the likes of Joelinton et all (IF they arrive) hit the ground running, then even Sheff Utd and Norwich will be outscoring us by a country mile man. How you can out us outside the relegation zone in our current position, God only knows.

Very good signing.

Fulham are a massive anomaly though. Almost every other team in the last few years who have come up from the Championship and spent large amounts have stayed up (Watford, Brighton, Wolves and Bournemouth to name a few). As much as I hate the club, they'll more than likely stay up with points to spare.

Guest chopey

Very good signing.

Fulham are a massive anomaly though. Almost every other team in the last few years who have come up from the Championship and spent large amounts have stayed up (Watford, Brighton, Wolves and Bournemouth to name a few). As much as I hate the club, they'll more than likely stay up with points to spare.

Apparently Jocanovic didn't have much say in the transfers other than Mitro, it was the American owners son fucking around with agents, it looks like Villa have upgraded the current players with better ones.

Once we had lost our loan players and ditched the over the hill (Jedinak, Whelan, Adomah et al) and the leeches (Richards, McCormack) we had a squad of 16 players left.

How we were supposed to compete without buying players is beyond me. The similarity to Fulham ends with spending money - we've identified our targets (manager and director of recruitment) and gone out and bought most of them by early July, players for positions where we needed people.

What I don't understand is Gallowgate End simultaneously thinks your own club are nuts for not spending (on account of your awful owner) yet at the same time finds it perplexing that someone else is.

What on earth are we meant to do? Don't buy in players = struggle. Buy in players = struggle?

Fulham went out and bought a load of players where they already had depth, ignored the areas where they were weak and did most of their spending in the last days of the window.

Guest chopey

Once we had lost our loan players and ditched the over the hill (Jedinak, Whelan, Adomah et al) and the leeches (Richards, McCormack) we had a squad of 16 players left.

How we were supposed to compete without buying players is beyond me. The similarity to Fulham ends with spending money - we've identified our targets (manager and director of recruitment) and gone out and bought most of them by early July, players for positions where we needed people.

What I don't understand is Gallowgate End simultaneously thinks your own club are nuts for not spending (on account of your awful owner) yet at the same time finds it perplexing that someone else is.

What on earth are we meant to do? Don't buy in players = struggle. Buy in players = struggle?

Fulham went out and bought a load of players where they already had depth, ignored the areas where they were weak and did most of their spending in the last days of the window.

Show off .............................................but I totally agree with you, I'm looking forward to watching Villa this season.

First solution to the dilemma is to stop caring what that moron is typing.

Knockaert to Fulham on loan, good signing for them.

Very strange that one

Not really. He's not good enough in the Premier League, tears it up in the Championship.

Not buy players and bring Rafa in as manager