Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On the verge on an eleventh, too.

A club on the brink of administration a short while ago and not having featured in the Premier League for three years with a £100m+ net spend.

It’s not too uncommon now. Most promoted clubs go for it and spend the TV money to try and compete. They also have very few assets who will go for huge money to affect their ‘net spend’.

We have the third richest owners in English football too, which helps.

The Sawiris family are eye wateringly minted and Wes Edens isn't short of a few quid either

Most importantly, they're not just throwing money in and hoping for the best, they've appointed a coach with a good paying style and the brief to get the whole club playing that way, appointed a head of recruitment (Pitarch) who has put together a Europe wide scouting system and put in place a CEO who has done the job at Chelsea and Liverpool.

Apparently they had two plans - players they wanted, basically - put together last season, one for if we stayed down, one for if we went up.

That's the sort of sensible spending we didn't have with Lerner, who threw money in and let MON run things

Exactly what Fulham fans were saying last Summer.

Came up thinking their spending and “playing style” would rip up the Premier League too.

Instead the Premier League ripped them up :laugh:

Which I predicted :smug:

Jesus Christ man, just fuck off.

On the verge on an eleventh, too.

A club on the brink of administration a short while ago and not having featured in the Premier League for three years with a £100m+ net spend.

It’s not too uncommon now. Most promoted clubs go for it and spend the TV money to try and compete. They also have very few assets who will go for huge money to affect their ‘net spend’.

We have the third richest owners in English football too, which helps.

The Sawiris family are eye wateringly minted and Wes Edens isn't short of a few quid either

Most importantly, they're not just throwing money in and hoping for the best, they've appointed a coach with a good paying style and the brief to get the whole club playing that way, appointed a head of recruitment (Pitarch) who has put together a Europe wide scouting system and put in place a CEO who has done the job at Chelsea and Liverpool.

Apparently they had two plans - players they wanted, basically - put together last season, one for if we stayed down, one for if we went up.

That's the sort of sensible spending we didn't have with Lerner, who threw money in and let MON run things

Exactly what Fulham fans were saying last Summer.

Came up thinking their spending and “playing style” would rip up the Premier League too.

Instead the Premier League ripped them up :laugh:

Which I predicted :smug:

Of course, the notable point there is that i made no mention of our spending power and playing style 'ripping up the league'.

Oh, I really can't do this circular conversation any more.

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/c6DIpCp1922KQ/giphy.gif

Zaha’s not gna go to Everton is he?  :lol:

Overrated and spends half the game diving.

A record of 1 goal in 7  :lol:

9 and 10 goals the last 2 seasons.

He's an exciting player who is getting better and better.

i like him at palace but it's hard to see how he steps up to fit into a side that's going places imo

Zaha’s not gna go to Everton is he?  :lol:

Overrated and spends half the game diving.

A record of 1 goal in 7  :lol:

9 and 10 goals the last 2 seasons.

He's an exciting player who is getting better and better.

Palace will go down without all the penalties he wins them. Although var will show 90% are dives.

Guest Gonzo

Yeah the money is great and all but I can’t respect anyone going out there for sporting reasons.

Like Mayweather fighting that kick-boxer a few months ago or Khan out in Saudi recently, it just makes a mockery of competitive sport.

Yeah the money is great and all but I can’t respect anyone going out there for sporting reasons.

Like Mayweather fighting that kick-boxer a few months ago or Khan out in Saudi recently, it just makes a mockery of competitive sport.

I'm sure China's golf courses will provide him with the opportunity to maintain the thrill of competitive contest.