Other clubs' transfers

Greg

£40m for van de Beek is a bargain and delighted with the signing, but it's one of the last places we need to strengthen.

Hope there's still plans in place for a right winger and a centre back.

he's a really good player that kid, jelly...where do you think you'll play him though?  pogba to sit deeper and him to play alongside bruno, or drop a striker and play him further up

it's an odd signing from that perspective, but you need depth obviously i guess

We only play one striker so that won't change.

When de Jong left Ajax van de Beek dropped deeper so I imagine the plan is a van be Deek, Pogba, Bruno midfield with Pogba and Bruno more advanced. Matic, Fred, McTominay for depth. Although I reckon this signing could spell the end of Fred unfortunately.

That would be an absolute waste of Van de Beek's best qualities

£40m for van de Beek is a bargain and delighted with the signing, but it's one of the last places we need to strengthen.

Hope there's still plans in place for a right winger and a centre back.

he's a really good player that kid, jelly...where do you think you'll play him though?  pogba to sit deeper and him to play alongside bruno, or drop a striker and play him further up

it's an odd signing from that perspective, but you need depth obviously i guess

We only play one striker so that won't change.

When de Jong left Ajax van de Beek dropped deeper so I imagine the plan is a van be Deek, Pogba, Bruno midfield with Pogba and Bruno more advanced. Matic, Fred, McTominay for depth. Although I reckon this signing could spell the end of Fred unfortunately.

That would be an absolute waste of Van de Beek's best qualities

yeah, he was incredible playing high in that ajax run to the CL SF, never seen someone with so much energy and pace in that position

pogba deeper would be my bet but who knows

EDIT: suppose one thing ajax gradutes bring you is a high degree of versatility like, can probably play every position

Brentford have offered Watkins £70k a week to stay. Now there’s still a good chance he’ll leave but could you imagine us in that position. :lol:

Aston Villa are offering him £70k per week to move there, not Brentford.

Guest neesy111

Brentford have offered Watkins £70k a week to stay. Now there’s still a good chance he’ll leave but could you imagine us in that position. :lol:

Aston Villa are offering him £70k per week to move there, not Brentford.

Was going to say.  :lol:

Tonali to AC Milan seems a really good move - they are slowly rebuilding with some decent players for a change

Maldini making a decent fist of things currently

Bit of a downward step from being in talks with Hendrick.

And how we all laughed back then  :)  :blush:

Guest reefatoon

I’d probably put money on him scoring more against premier league opposition than Joelinton too and that’s before knowing if they would be drawn against a team in the cup or not.

Going to be a massive blow for Barcelona when Messi goes like, they need a ‘Galactico’ straight away. I know they’re a massive club but the last 16-17 years, how much of that commercial income was on the back of Ronaldinho & then Messi?

In a strange way it might do the football team good, I know you lose all the goals, creativity and brilliance Messi brings.

But the new manager can focus on building a more rounded team for the long term, if he gets time to do that like.

Doubt it'll do the club good commercially in the short term as you say.

Guest neesy111

You'll see them finishing 3rd-4th for next 3-4 seasons.  Atletico will jump them next season.

They are not in a great position themselves. But Real Madrid will have a clear run for the title in the next 2-3 years, indeed.

They won't challenge for the title but they still have the best of Joao Felix to come after a very interrupted first season.

You'll see them finishing 3rd-4th for next 3-4 seasons.  Atletico will jump them next season.

They are not in a great position themselves. But Real Madrid will have a clear run for the title in the next 2-3 years, indeed.

Should try to rebuild around a starting trio of Coutinho, Griezemann and Dembele and hope they can fulfill their potential. Let's be honest, those three are very very very talented footballers and maybe they just need the freedom and confidence to bring back their football.