Other clubs' transfers

Greg

It's been good, but it's all been to stand still at best, really.

Depends how the new players fit with what they have, it's possible they might actually work better that it did before.

But I have mentioned before how I don't trust Wenger to get the best from his players anymore so it probably won't happen.

Guest firetotheworks

Depends how the new players fit with what they have, it's possible they might actually work better that it did before.

But I have mentioned before how I don't trust Wenger to get the best from his players anymore so it probably won't happen.

It's not so much that for me, because they might be outstanding and they'll still have Xhaka as their holding midfielder.

Giroud to Chelsea is possibly the best signing of the transfer window. Hopefully it comes back to bite Wenger in the arse.

Quality player and God knows why he's been sat on Arsenal's bench this season.

Confirmed.

It's not so much that for me, because they might be outstanding and they'll still have Xhaka as their holding midfielder.

Well yeah obviously, nothing really matters until they get better in the spine of the team.

Guest Howaythetoon

Arsenal are fucking stupid. Giroud to Chelsea could guarantee them top 4, mind he’s much more of their type of player than he was Arsenal. My bro in law is gutted.

Arsenal are f***ing stupid. Giroud to Chelsea could guarantee them top 4, mind he’s much more of their type of player than he was Arsenal. My bro in law is gutted.

They are going to finish top 4 regardless ( Chelsea that is) it genuinely doesn't change anything.

Guest Howaythetoon

Arsenal are f***ing stupid. Giroud to Chelsea could guarantee them top 4, mind he’s much more of their type of player than he was Arsenal. My bro in law is gutted.

They are going to finish top 4 regardless ( Chelsea that is) it genuinely doesn't change anything.

This cements that top 4 finish solidly IMO. Arsenal on the other hand are in danger of missing out again.

Guest firetotheworks

It's stupid from Arsenal like, you don't help out a rival like that. To me it suggests that they've accepted their lot as non-competitors for the top 4.

Wait till your bro in law sees Aubameyang's searing pace on the pitch with Ozil and Mkhitaryan.

Think Arsenal weren't gonna finish top 4 regardless tbh as they are 8 points behind already, if i'm them i use the rest of the season to find some chemistry with the new players they have with what's already there and do everything they can to strengthen the midfield and defence in the summer then push from there.

None of these will actually happen as Arsenal are always 2-3 players away and i feel their manager isn't as good at getting the most from his players as he used to be but i feel like it's the most sensible long term decision.

It's stupid from Arsenal like, you don't help out a rival like that. To me it suggests that they've accepted their lot as non-competitors for the top 4.

It facilitated them getting the striker they really wanted in Aubameyang. Giroud wasn't being used anymore at all. Besides Chelsea would have brought in a Dzeko or Llorente anyway.

They will be looking to chase down Liverpool and Spurs, which is far more realistic for them anyway, as those two have been a lot more inconsistent.

Guest firetotheworks

It facilitated them getting the striker they really wanted in Aubameyang. Giroud wasn't being used anymore at all. Besides Chelsea would have brought in a Dzeko or Llorente anyway.

They will be looking to chase down Liverpool and Spurs, which is far more realistic for them anyway, as those two have been a lot more inconsistent.

Hmm, I guess, the strengthening Chelsea bit just doesn't sit right with me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wait till your bro in law sees Aubameyang's searing pace on the pitch with Ozil and Mkhitaryan.

He is of the opinion that Arsenal needed to play Giroud every game and if so, they’d be much better off because he could score 20 + even with the way they play which isn’t exactly set up for a CF. Can’t disagree with him whenever I’ve watched them with Giroud. Great signing for Chelsea IMO.