Other clubs' transfers

Greg

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I mean it's not exactly a flat 4-4-2 with wingers sat out wide Burnley style.

One of the strikers drops and plays off the pacey striker looking to get in behind, and the two wide men play narrower in the half spaces like attacking midfielders, and the full backs then bomb on providing the width. It's really a variation of the 4-2-3-1, using another striker to provide more support to the main man upfront, rather than a classic number 10 that might end up dropping deeper more often and leaving the main striker isolated.

Thanks for this, top post.

3 hours ago, duo said:

I think it’s quite simple, either way go to a fan ownership model with spending caps which are uniform across the leagues or we ditch this FFP nonsense. 

The worst of all options is spending caps with the current owners in place as this essential allows them to collect rent on ownership of local institutions  

FFP is so stupid, those teams who spent before and built up the brand when they could spend unlimited amounts (such as Chelsea and that old 2b debt get to impose a glass ceiling on everyone else). 

14 hours ago, McCormick said:

Villa will look really good next season; they’ll spend more than us I imagine.

Problem being they're losing Beale who to all intents and purposes is the actual tactical mastermind behind the whole set up. Interesting to see how they do without him.

Aye, the Spanish press seemed certain he was off to Atleti, but yesterday they back tracked and said  that Villa had come back with more cash.

Interesting that Villa are making the signings that everyone thought we would: Digne, Coutinho and Kamara. It seems we're going a different route though.

12 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Problem being they're losing Beale who to all intents and purposes is the actual tactical mastermind behind the whole set up. Interesting to see how they do without him.

Where is Beale going? I remember reading about him when we were still looking for a manager and were linked to Gerrard. I was actually ready to accept Gerrard purely because this Beale guy sounded like a genius. 

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, the Spanish press seemed certain he was off to Atleti, but yesterday they back tracked and said  that Villa had come back with more cash.

Interesting that Villa are making the signings that everyone thought we would: Digne, Coutinho and Kamara. It seems we're going a different route though.

Funny that a lot of these signings talk about how big of an influence Gerrard was on the decision. In for a shock when they get there and discover he is actually just a very average manager. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

A day after the season finishes and the social media cock waving between AVFC and NUFC fans is already as tedious as fuck. Grow up lads and lasses.

Don’t think anyone is doing that? Just pointing out the financial figures comparatively? 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Don’t think anyone is doing that? Just pointing out the financial figures comparatively? 

I don't consider this place to be social media. The stuff in here has been perfectly reasonable.

26 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Where is Beale going? I remember reading about him when we were still looking for a manager and were linked to Gerrard. I was actually ready to accept Gerrard purely because this Beale guy sounded like a genius. 

Rumoured to be going to Charlton 

34 minutes ago, Manxst said:

their owners are certainly splashing the cash….

They have had no choice - when they came here four years ago, we were literally one day away from going into administration. 

They've been great though. They're also putting a ton into the new inner city academy (next door to the ground), and are rebuilding the North Stand after this coming season.

They've set up a group company and are bidding for the new MSL Franchise in Las Vegas, Las Vegas Villans.

They are in it for the long term, clearly.

Edited by brummie