Other clubs' transfers

Greg

44 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Do people make the same argument about players' leaving Bayern? The quality of the Bundesliga outside of Bayern is similar to Ligue 1 and it's reflected by the leagues being ranked 4 & 5. I don't see how playing for Bayern is much different than playing for PSG sporting wise. League is a cake walk. All about CL.

If it's about quality of league he should join a PL team. La Liga is a weak as it's ever been. It's about joining the highest profile team in Europe - simple.

Donnarumma

Hakimi

Marquinhos

Verratti

All spending their peak years at PSG.

I agree La Liga and the Bundesliga are not as competitive also, but yet they are still not as bad as what Ligue 1 will ultimately be with the way PSG are carrying on. On top of that it's just not as high profile as La Liga and Bundesliga.

None of those players you listed are one of the best strikers or attacking players in the world, and the best attacking players are always the biggest prize and typically play in the most high profile leagues and clubs. Ligue 1 and PSG do not measure up.

An attacking talent the level of Mbappe staying at PSG and playing in a super team would be ridiculous IMO.

For all this “lack of ambition” talk you’d think Mbappe is turning down RM to stay at fucking Le Havre or something :lol:

Of course he could win the CL with PSG…any club with that much money is at least going to be a perennial competitor.

8 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

For all this “lack of ambition” talk you’d think Mbappe is turning down RM to stay at fucking Le Havre or something :lol:

Of course he could win the CL with PSG…any club with that much money is at least going to be a perennial competitor.

PSG aren't winning it man :lol:

The players run the club and it's a bunch of players that are there largely for the money. Emery has since won yet another European cup since being run off, and Tuchel the same. Who is going to go in there and command any respect?

It's a shit show man.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

I agree La Liga and the Bundesliga are not as competitive also, but yet they are still not as bad as what Ligue 1 will ultimately be with the way PSG are carrying on. On top of that it's just not as high profile as La Liga and Bundesliga.

None of those players you listed are one of the best strikers or attacking players in the world, and the best attacking players are always the biggest prize and typically play in the most high profile leagues and clubs. Ligue 1 and PSG do not measure up.

An attacking talent the level of Mbappe staying at PSG and playing in a super team would be ridiculous IMO.

Ligue 1 is no worse than the Bundesliga. In fact, at least Ligue 1 teams know how to defend

Just now, triggs said:

Ligue 1 is no worse than the Bundesliga. In fact, at least Ligue 1 teams know how to defend

PSG have ruined that league, and will increasingly continue to do so. Staying there and continuing to play in the dumb super teams they are building will not serve him well. They can't even keep a decent manager in there for more than a couple of seasons to work with the guy. The whole thing is stupid.

PSG being good doesn’t make the other teams worse like, just means there’s rarely a title race. They also rarely buy from other French clubs, can’t think of too many off the top of my head anyway. Collapse of their TV deal/Covid has done way more damage to French domestic football recently.

12 hours ago, Zero said:

A lot of football fans are getting tired of Messi and CR7 and just hope the next era to begin ASAP. Whether you like him or not, Mbappe is the only successor of the throne, and it’s about time to do so.  Choosing money over the throne is a massive massive disappointment to these fans.

Hopefully Mbappe, Haaland and Bruno Guimarães can battle it out over the next decade or so. 

31 minutes ago, triggs said:

I think even Bayern will start to become less of a force in Europe as well. It's a bit of a struggle at the moment for them to renew all the  contracts for the likes of Lewandowski, Muller and Neuer. Already lost Alaba and Sule because they couldn't pay them enough. 

10 minutes ago, Disco said:

PSG being good doesn’t make the other teams worse like, just means there’s rarely a title race. They also rarely buy from other French clubs, can’t think of too many off the top of my head anyway. Collapse of their TV deal/Covid has done way more damage to French domestic football recently.

Fair point. 

I really love the talent that comes through Ligue 1, and it's still the best place to find young talent coming through IMO. And typically that talent is quite nicely spread across lots of teams.

I think it's such a shame PSG has now made it so incredibly difficult for other clubs to be rewarded for the players they bring along and develop and the teams they put together. It's really spoiled things.

I also maintain with the amount of talent they stockpile, the players on the team just need to each perform at a base level to walk the league, and ultimately when the chips are down it will cost them in the Champions League gong against teams that have to give far more week in and week out in their leagues.

Having a top exciting talent like Mbappe stay there won't really allow us to see the best of what he could become IMO, because I think for the most part he'd be able to get away with resting on his laurels to an extent, and that would be such a shame. He should get out of there.

9 hours ago, Jaqen said:

I think even Bayern will start to become less of a force in Europe as well. It's a bit of a struggle at the moment for them to renew all the  contracts for the likes of Lewandowski, Muller and Neuer. Already lost Alaba and Sule because they couldn't pay them enough. 

I read Bayern offered Sule more money that Dortmund did. It’s just that Dortmund really wanted him and he felt a bit disrespected at Bayern.

Guest HTT II

If Mbappe wants to be the best player in the world, and he’s far from it right now, he has to move.

Guest neesy111
10 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Didn't want to pay them what other clubs did, difference to couldn't.  Bayern have the strongest balance sheet at of all major clubs tbh.

My God :lol:

This guy is going to be picking the manager and players at the club for goodness sake. What a complete farce :lol: 

It's going to be an embarrassing mess, and I am going to enjoy it so much.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

If Mbappe wants to be the best player in the world, and he’s far from it right now, he has to move.

Nah he's in with a good shout of being the best player in the world rn.

Obviously playing in Ligue 1 for a club that got knocked out the CL in the 1st KO round doesn't help his argument.

I'd love to see him at Liverpool. He'd score 50 goals.

I do think being at PSG is bad for his development. The pressure at Real would be good for him.