Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Gallagher and Mount to Liverpool could be like when they let go Salah and De Bruyne, I don’t think they’ll be at the same elite level but they could both be very good under the right manager. 

Shades of PSG selling their young local talent to bring in exorbitantly expensive mercenaries. Yeah PSG are a super club now but is anyone there really happy with where the project is? 

With regards to PSG being happy, clearly not. It’s a disaster of a club. If they can’t win the CL then the club is a failure, that’s as simple as it gets. You can’t have players on your books earning the money they earn and not be winning the CL or at least getting to the final. Some fans turned on Messi because they’re imbeciles. They’re a joke 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

With regards to PSG being happy, clearly not. It’s a disaster of a club. If they can’t win the CL then the club is a failure, that’s as simple as it gets. You can’t have players on your books earning the money they earn and not be winning the CL or at least getting to the final. Some fans turned on Messi because they’re imbeciles. They’re a joke 

Nah he does epitomise everything wrong with the club and he's trying to go back to Barcelona. If I was a PSG supporter - i'd be fed up of him and the like too.

He might want to go back to Barcelona, understandable if he does. That doesn't take away from him being one of their top two best performers all season and individually being the best performer in many games I’ve watched. He’s not the kind of person to start throwing performances. Sure, PSG are an idiotic club for bringing him in as a vanity product rather than trying to grow the club in a more organic way but that’s not Messi’s fault

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Can Mount play 8?

In a midfield three yeah.

A lot of 10s are increasingly being used as a third 8 in a 4-3-3 that is tasked with unlocking defences and/or scoring goals. Odegaard at Arsenal for example. Or even the way De Bruyne is used there now, and David Silva was also his final years at Man City too etc.

City do it but they dominate possession next level - both Silva’s are an example of this.  

I think Odegaard plays more 10 than 8.  I don’t see him in the defensive positions Henderson or Willock get into.  A Klopp 8 gets back and plays infront of the fullback at times. But Aye Mount can do the Odegaard role. 

Yeah, I just meant in the the way they line up i.e. in a 4-3-3, as Arsenal still keep that shape defensively too.

Aside from that though, I would say Mount is more adept defensively than Odegaard as far as dropping back goes.

He's played a lot in central midfield over his career - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mason-mount/leistungsdaten/spieler/346483/plus/0?saison=ges

50 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Someone is getting Phillips for cheap in the summer you'd think. 

Unless he’s kippered from his injury he’d be a good pick up and probably starter for more or less any team in the PL

22 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I just meant in the the way they line up i.e. in a 4-3-3, as Arsenal still keep that shape defensively too.

Aside from that though, I would say Mount is more adept defensively than Odegaard as far as dropping back goes.

He's played a lot in central midfield over his career - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mason-mount/leistungsdaten/spieler/346483/plus/0?saison=ges

Mount is better suited to the 8 role than a winger. He's not the most creative player but he's pretty press resistant, finds the half-space, has very good technique with shooting and is under rated and utilized as a presser of the ball. He's better in a right-sided 8 role than Gallagher, with Gallagher still needing more time to develop. 

On 12/04/2023 at 13:08, The College Dropout said:

Nah he does epitomise everything wrong with the club and he's trying to go back to Barcelona. If I was a PSG supporter - i'd be fed up of him and the like too.

He's not trying to go back to Barcelona.  He's not even answering their calls.