Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Hope Tielemans goes to Villa. A quality player who will have a bunch of great moments but not someone I’d trust long-term in a team. Also hope there’s some serious investigative work going on in relation to Chelsea’s accounts. Disgusting freaks 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Liverpool are annoyingly good in the transfer market 

They are in a position to act first and take the pick because of the reputation they have and the historic performance. We will be in that position in a few years too. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

They are in a position to act first and take the pick because of the reputation they have and the historic performance. We will be in that position in a few years too. 

Even so, the speed at which they get deals done is very impressive. They usually have their business done before pre season every summer. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Even so, the speed at which they get deals done is very impressive. They usually have their business done before pre season every summer. 

Again, they get to choose who they want. Our situation is more wait and see who’s left. At this point we aren’t anybodies first choice where as Liverpool are. 

Edited by r0cafella

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Again, they get to choose who they want. Our situation is more wait and see who’s left. At this point we aren’t anybodies first choice where we Liverpool are. 

Tbf I’m not comparing them with us, I just think their approach is impressive and the perfect way to approach a transfer.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Tbf I’m not comparing them with us, I just think their approach is impressive and the perfect way to approach a transfer.

Absolutely, all serious clubs will be aiming to get things done as soon as possible. 

Also, to be a broken record this is where FFP really kills us. Squad building is expensive and the fact we can only do it slowly and carefully slows things down. Luckily we have an absolute genius of a manager who is somehow able to turn water into wine. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

You need the right people in charge as well. We have the reputation and history and are terrible in the transfer market. It was completely different under Gill. 

Just now, Froggy said:

You need the right people in charge as well. We have the reputation and history and are terrible in the transfer market. It was completely different under Gill. 

Yeah I agree, I don’t think your reputation was what it was mind. 

And also, it takes two hands to clap, a willing seller is needed no point going on wild goose chases as you lot have a recent habit of. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah I agree, I don’t think your reputation was what it was mind. 

And also, it takes two hands to clap, a willing seller is needed no point going on wild goose chases as you lot have a recent habit of. 

Don't be silly. You need to chase someone for 3 months even though they have no intention of coming, and then panic buy someone else on the last day of the window. Everyone knows this is how you do business.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Again, they get to choose who they want. Our situation is more wait and see who’s left. At this point we aren’t anybodies first choice where we Liverpool are. 

That's right. Not so much to do with how well Liverpool are run as much as it's about their history and standing in the game. Let's not forget, they haven't qualified for the CL, but they will still be a lot of player's choice ahead of us at the moment, and of course they can throw more money at them as the game is rigged in favour of the established elite.

35 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's right. Not so much to do with how well Liverpool are run as much as it's about their history and standing in the game. Let's not forget, they haven't qualified for the CL, but they will still be a lot of player's choice ahead of us at the moment, and of course they can throw more money at them as the game is rigged in favour of the established elite.

Give it another season or two.

Everyone thinks Liverpool/ Chelsea will be back into the top 4 next season but that would mean Arsenal, Us, Man U or Spurs will miss out.

Say if  Liverpool missed out for a second season all of a sudden the pressure builds and doubts start to emerge.

Football unravels quite quickly once players have better options.

39 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Everton and West Ham want Johnson from Forest. Not sure how Everton can afford him mind.

He's exactly the type we should be bringing in. He won't have massive expectations to start every game and his potential is huge.

56 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Everton and West Ham want Johnson from Forest. Not sure how Everton can afford him mind.

Would be daft to move to either of those. Forest will have a better season than both of those under Cooper. More of a settled squad, with a few smart additions will see them around the top half I reckon. Front three of Gibbs-White, Johnson and Awoniyi is good too. Cooper is way ahead of Moyes or Dyche. 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Would be daft to move to either of those. Forest will have a better season than both of those under Cooper. More of a settled squad, with a few smart additions will see them around the top half I reckon. Front three of Gibbs-White, Johnson and Awoniyi is good too. Cooper is way ahead of Moyes or Dyche. 

I think West Ham would be an upgrade mind. I don't see them having as bad a season as this again. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think West Ham would be an upgrade mind. I don't see them having as bad a season as this again. 

I don't think any club under Moyes is a place to play football tbh. His teams are best when they are physical and well organised, the fancy stuff isn't really his thing. That said, he's had a terrible season this time round, so he's due a better one next time round. Moyes teams do tend to yo yo a bit.