Other clubs' transfers

Greg

39 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I thought the

A, the premier league has stopped the long term contracts deals after Chelsea found the loop hole

B, you can't own two clubs in the same competition i.e. champions league 

Screenshot_20230605-002843.png

Pretty sure they did but you can still give out longer contracts. They are just capped at 5 years for FFP calculations.

In terms of FFP to counter it I read somewhere (can't seem to find it now) thay they'll have the longer contracts but they'll kind of get around it by doing 5 year contracts but in year 3 or 4 including an option/obligation to extend by another 3/4 years

So whilst the amortisation fee will be higher to begin with, it then reduces in year 3 or 4 when the extension kicks on 

Though, doing the deals they did and this new thinking just means they'll be trying up money towards FFP for years and years to come, doesn't appear to be a sensible thing to do 

1 hour ago, rgk_lfc said:

Looks like Havertz to Madrid for 70 million. Chelsea must be the best in the world in terms of selling their players.

If that's true that's crazy, Poch looks like he could actually get a decent squad by the end of the summer, 11/10 to finish top 4 might be a good bet.

16 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Mudryk looks shit tbh, have very high hopes he'll end up being a flop. 

Poch has his work cut out joining that all together, no matter how good he is. Especially if Boehley keeps sticking his oar in. 

I think he's actually a very good player, but mentally all at sea with all the turmoil at Chelsea. If he becomes available at a knock-down price, I hope we're in for him.

16 minutes ago, Ben said:

If that's a negotiated price WTF did they start at ? 

Is Todd Boehly a genius ? 

Ridiculous that Boehly’s incompetence will seemingly go unpunished here. Chelsea will probably make over 200m in sales this summer and go on another spending spree. What a joke.

Chelsea can get away with crazy spending for a few more years yet but every time they do the pressure is on them every year going forward to raise their income.

For example if they sell Havertz for £70m that is £40m that is booked as profit due to the remaining time on his contract, which means it will cover this year if they were to spend £200m and hand out 5 year contracts. Whilst this isn’t an issue in the short term they will also need to find another £40m next year to cover it, then the year after etc. That is my understanding of it.

40 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Please do tell us more. 

I'm talking shit basically, but I do find the amount of money that was spent on Alvaro Morata a bit weird. And now Joao Felix and Havertz give me that same sort of feeling though not to the same extent. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I'm talking shit basically, but I do find the amount of money that was spent on Alvaro Morata a bit weird. And now Joao Felix and Havertz give me that same sort of feeling though not to the same extent. 

I see what you mean, and understand what your coming from.