Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm talking shit basically, but I do find the amount of money that was spent on Alvaro Morata a bit weird. And now Joao Felix and Havertz give me that same sort of feeling though not to the same extent. 

I still remember them selling David Luiz to PSG for £50m.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I see what you mean, and understand what your coming from. 

I think a lot of it is to do with only certain clubs can afford to pay ultra high wages... So if Chelsea / Madrid / PSG need to ship players out they need to do some crazy deals. 

The random factor was when China / now Saudi come along to find new escape routes for the mega wealthy.

Bet Bale was gutted he quit  before the Saudi money come along

5 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Bet Bale was gutted he quit  before the Saudi money come along

He was getting half a mil a week to play golf for the best part of two years. :lol: That man is anything but gutted.

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Liverpool seem to be very proactive this window. According to Romano, they’re holding talks with Thuram, Kone and Veiga too.

They have a very clear need as well, which makes it much easier. Sign as many CMs as possible. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Brighton want 100 million for Caicedo 😂

Don't blame them. Performing like he has done in the Prem at so young an age, I'd be asking clubs to pay up too. 

41 minutes ago, triggs said:

Barca's viability plan to bring back Messi has been approved

Hopefully "sell Raphinha to Newcastle" is one of the steps they're planning to take 

He'd be such an immense addition, would add so much to our team without sacrificing anything in terms of work rate.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm talking shit basically, but I do find the amount of money that was spent on Alvaro Morata a bit weird. And now Joao Felix and Havertz give me that same sort of feeling though not to the same extent. 

They're all really talented players though. Can see why so many clubs/managers think they could bring them to the next level

Looking very likely that Tielemans will sign for Villa. Given his drop in form, it's probably a good outcome for him, but a comedown from the time he was hoping for a Champions League side.

42 minutes ago, Sima said:

I still remember them selling David Luiz to PSG for £50m.

They bought Luiz for 25 million or something. Then within three years sold to PSG for 50 million. Then within two years bought him for 35 million or something. Then within 2-3 years sold him again.

2 minutes ago, foxghost said:

Looking very likely that Tielemans will sign for Villa. Given his drop in form, it's probably a good outcome for him, but a comedown from the time he was hoping for a Champions League side.

I said last summer that no top club will go for him because of his lack of work rate. He’ll have done well to get Villa to sign him. Btw I bet they’ll have a chunky wage bill.

Havertz is a super-talented footballer. But he flatters to deceive. He'll sometimes show pace, strength, touch, accuracy, everything you want from a player. But mainly doesn't perform.

As an RM follower, I don't want him for that price. But it would be a good deal for £50m as he's about to turn 24. £30m more probably lands you Harry Kane.... but who wants to negotiate all summer with Levy? Pick him up on a free next season.

Lois Openda going to Leipzig from Lens for around 30m according to Romano, hopefully they're using up some of the money they're expecting from the sale of big Szobo.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Havertz is a super-talented footballer. But he flatters to deceive. He'll sometimes show pace, strength, touch, accuracy, everything you want from a player. But mainly doesn't perform.

As an RM follower, I don't want him for that price. But it would be a good deal for £50m as he's about to turn 24. £30m more probably lands you Harry Kane.... but who wants to negotiate all summer with Levy? Pick him up on a free next season.

Agree, super-talented, have seen a lot of him, I always get the feeling he is just slightly off the pace of the English game, playing at his own pace, coupled with him being shoe horned into unsuitable roles, as in, they keep trying him as a 9 which he really isn't, or a wide forward, again, not really his game. Think Spain would really suit his game, with the caveat that he isn't thrown in as a 9, and used more as a 10/link player. He doesn't seem to like to receive the ball with his back to goal and looks awkward doing so, and looks most comfortable running from deeper and ghosting in. Top player though.