Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

It will be the last chance given Kanes only got a year left on his contract, and even he won’t be daft enough to sign a new one

Would not rule it out, he was daft enough to sign his last one and trust Levy on a verbal agreement 

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Would not rule it out, he was daft enough to sign his last one and trust Levy on a verbal agreement 

Think he's going to have to run Spurs a different way. He could keep Kane knowing 8/10 chance they'd finish top 4 and he'd be happy enough. 

I think Kane and Levy know that's not going to happen anymore though. Sell for as much as they can now, use it to try and be competitive to get back into Europe and rebuild organically.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think he's going to have to run Spurs a different way. He could keep Kane knowing 8/10 chance they'd finish top 4 and he'd be happy enough. 

I think Kane and Levy know that's not going to happen anymore though. Sell for as much as they can now, use it to try and be competitive to get back into Europe and rebuild organically.

That would be the sensible move for all parties but something would have to give

The kind of money Levy will ask for is not what clubs would be willing to pay, he will need to compromise and accept a 30 year old with 1 year left on his contract can't go for silly money

In terms of the optics for Spurs selling abroad works best, even if the offer is slightly less they are better off doing that because him playing for Real Madrid would be way better than him playing for Man-U

40 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

That would be the sensible move for all parties but something would have to give

The kind of money Levy will ask for is not what clubs would be willing to pay, he will need to compromise and accept a 30 year old with 1 year left on his contract can't go for silly money

In terms of the optics for Spurs selling abroad works best, even if the offer is slightly less they are better off doing that because him playing for Real Madrid would be way better than him playing for Man-U

I think Joe Lewis will get rid of levy soon if he can.

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I think Joe Lewis will get rid of levy soon if he can.

Levy owns a % of the club doesn't he ? He's a very shallow man, I think he'll keep Kane so that it keeps the fans off his back 

I always find it strange how Levy is always at the forefront of all decisions and blamed for all failures when hardly anything gets mentioned about Joe Lewis. Like the super league fiasco, nothing was mentioned about Joe Lewis really, was all Levy. 

It's like blaming the tenants why the house is falling apart when it's the landlords job to fix it. 

Not that I like Levy anyway, think most of the failures at Spurs are because he wants to be "the guvnor", but surprised he's kept his job, must just be the rise in commercial side? 

2 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Mudryk looks shit tbh, have very high hopes he'll end up being a flop. 

Poch has his work cut out joining that all together, no matter how good he is. Especially if Boehley keeps sticking his oar in. 

This. He looks like Obertan. Very fast, but not a Premier League player currently. Keeps losing the ball. Enzo looks like an insane player though!

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dyche. :lol: 

He'd have probably tried to sign Wood if Forest hadn't already done it. 

He might be a back to basics manager but who else would come out in a shirt in freezing December? He's well hard.

On 02/06/2023 at 14:39, toon25 said:

Absolutely agree.

Think Abraham would thrive at a side like West Ham. He's not top level, but wouldn't look out of place at a team pushing for top 6-8th.

Coming to think of it, he'd be great for a side like Brighton.

would take him here as back up to wilson/isak

49 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1665472427155939337

🚨EXCL
Chelsea's bid to sign Manuel Ugarte includes buying a stake in Sporting CP. Player told by Sporting he can only join Chelsea, who have offered another 8-year contract. Ugarte had already agreed terms with PSG after £52m clause met. Details -

How could that be allowed?

I thought they changed the FFP rules around 8 year contracts etc. in February?

Yeah, they did - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64383217

Uefa is to change its Financial Fair Play rules in response to Chelsea's recent trend of signing players on long-term contracts.

Signing players on extended contracts enables Chelsea to spread the player's transfer fee over the life of that deal when submitting their annual accounts.

That means £89m signing Mykhailo Mudryk will be valued at £11m a year over his eight-and-a-half-year deal.

Uefa is to set a five-year limit over which a transfer fee can be spread.

Clubs will still be able to offer longer deals under UK regulations but will not be able to stretch transfer fees beyond the first five years.

The change to FFP rules will come into force during the summer and will not apply retrospectively.

Edited by Smal

48 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

How could that be allowed?

I thought the

A, the premier league has stopped the long term contracts deals after Chelsea found the loop hole

B, you can't own two clubs in the same competition i.e. champions league 

Screenshot_20230605-002843.png

Edited by RobsonsWonderland