Other clubs' transfers

Greg

15 hours ago, McCormick said:

I hate this take, if he was Italian, Dutch or whatever he’d get way less hate; of course English tax is a thing but being proven in by far the best league in the world comes with a hefty price-tag. He’s a very good player and is very versatile tactically. 

And i hate that "proven in PL" thing, because it really does not mean a thing. Football is not that different in top level. Chris Wood is proven in PL, and you can easily find 50 better strikers that are cheaper from the continent. 

Yes, Mount is pretty young and English, and knows the league and culture and all that. He will not need time to adapt. Mount has had one very good season, and couple of average ones. His stats are pretty much similar to Harvey Barnes', who has been playing in a poor team. Sterling cost less than Mount, and his numbers are totally different.

IMO same thing that with players like Phillips, Maguire etc. As soon as English player shows some kind of promise, prices skyrocket. I think he will do ok for ManU, but he is not a world beater. Just like Barnes is not. Wages are ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

And i hate that "proven in PL" thing, because it really does not mean a thing. Football is not that different in top level. Chris Wood is proven in PL, and you can easily find 50 better strikers that are cheaper from the continent. 

Yes, Mount is pretty young and English, and knows the league and culture and all that. He will not need time to adapt. Mount has had one very good season, and couple of average ones. His stats are pretty much similar to Harvey Barnes', who has been playing in a poor team. Sterling cost less than Mount, and his numbers are totally different.

IMO same thing that with players like Phillips, Maguire etc. As soon as English player shows some kind of promise, prices skyrocket. I think he will do ok for ManU, but he is not a world beater. Just like Barnes is not. Wages are ridiculous.

Sterling cost basically the same amount 8 years ago and then not that much less a year ago at age 27. He’s also on over £300k a week.

There is a reasonable premium for a player who meets homegrown requirements and then teams accept an extra premium for the safety of a player who comes with less risk. 

2 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Bit of a weird move from Liverpool, no? They play 4-3-3, they already have Gakpo as a flexible AM/wide option with technical quality.

Can't see Szobalaszai being in their midfield 3 unless they're in an injury crisis either.

My best guess, if this transfer goes through, is that he is going to be the Salah replacement when the inevitable 100 or 200 million bid from the Saudi league arrives. We bought Diaz and then sold Mane, Gakpo before we released Firmino, and now Szoboszlai is the Salah replacement. 

2 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Bit of a weird move from Liverpool, no? They play 4-3-3, they already have Gakpo as a flexible AM/wide option with technical quality.

Can't see Szobalaszai being in their midfield 3 unless they're in an injury crisis either.

Panic buy

3 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

My best guess, if this transfer goes through, is that he is going to be the Salah replacement when the inevitable 100 or 200 million bid from the Saudi league arrives. We bought Diaz and then sold Mane, Gakpo before we released Firmino, and now Szoboszlai is the Salah replacement. 

Makes total sense. You’ve got to be thinking this is Salah’s last 6/12 month at LFC.

6 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Sheesh ... I could absolutely see that happening with Salah.

Seems your lot are struggling making money available for transfers.

Must admit not sure how you go from Thuram/Kone to Szob. I’m sure Liverpool know what they’re doing, but not so sure their recruitment has been as shit hot as of late.

They’ll strike a decent deal with Leipzig as appear to have good relations with them. Let’s hope he turns out like Keita. Cunts.

Edited by Whitley mag

13 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Hopefully your manager wont claim poverty when he's likely spending 100m on 2 players in Mac Allister and Szoboszlai. I mean this will all due respect to you (class poster and contributor here) 

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Must admit not sure how you go from Thuram/Kone to Szob. I’m sure Liverpool know what they’re doing, but not so sure their recruitment has been as shit hot as of late.

They’ll strike a decent deal with Leipzig as appear to have good relations with them. Let’s hope he turns out like Keita. Cunts.

My guess is they will still go and get Kone to play in one of the defensive mid roles.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

My guess is they will still go and get Kone to play in one of the defensive mid roles.

Sickening if they do, so much for poor Jurgen not being able to compete.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sickening if they, do so much for poor Jurgen not being able to compete.

Honestly that is the annoying bit to me, throwing toys out last season when over the last 2 windows they bought Darwin Nunez and Cody Gakpo and blaming the nation-state ownership clubs for changing the playing field. So incredibly wrong and stupid.  Acting like Liverpool aren't a massive draw when they are capable of buying nearly anyone if they do get involved in a deal as they have the history, manager and talent at the club. It's an unnecessary excuse. A historic giant of a club, with a successful and world class manager doesn't need to start throwing out excuses re: us. We're not blowing anybody out of the water when it comes to transfer fees or wages anytime soon. 

Edited by Kanji

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I'll hang fire on being to annoyed about not getting Szoboszlai until I find out how much Liverpool are paying.

If its less than £50M I'll be disappointed. 

Yeah, I'm still mad about Mac Allister( £35) but wouldn't really care if they paid a lot more.  It's the bargain basement price that I can't get around. Even if it rises to the potential £55m, they got a good deal in today's market. I hope we really liked Tonali more because Liverpool are about to get Dominik Szoboszlai for less than we paid depending on who you believe (this article says £52m).  Of course they are different players.  

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sickening if they do, so much for poor Jurgen not being able to compete.

“Such a ceiling ja?”

No, you horrible German cunt. A ceiling is working with a group of fellow top tier incumbents to limit the amount of investment a competitor in the tier below can make to break through. At the very least a handbrake, at worst an insurmountable barrier.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Kone is out with a knee injury. The return date is unknown but guesses are it might be as long as six months. I am betting Kone's hope of getting a transfer this window and potentially the next is over. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Based on how bad he was at the World Cup (penalty aside) I wouldn’t to near him.

Looking at their squad you do wonder how they won the Europa League.  Nianzou might be a shout for a long term Schar replacement.