Other clubs' transfers

Greg

10 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We absolutely were. But they're still not ready to have that conversation on here. :lol:

1 game, against McKinnie and Pulisic having plenty of time here and just not doing it. Adams could be worth another season.

Specifically remember people on here singling out McKennie as a quality player. Now he’s shit after a bad spell at a lets face it, Championship team.

You really can’t trust Italian team’s motives for offloading their players. All their teams are broke so they’ll sell high and buy low like Tonali from Brecia. The constant trades between Inter and AC over the years. The big teams get the players in young, loan or sell them lower down the table and then buy them back for tuppence once they have a breakthrough season. Been doing it for years. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

1 game, against McKinnie and Pulisic having plenty of time here and just not doing it. Adams could be worth another season.

Pulisic is quality. There’s no denying that. His numbers at Chelsea are respectable and he looks incredible anytime he puts on that America kit. He just needs to work on his fitness. When he does play, he’s a livewire. 

5 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Pulisic is quality. There’s no denying that. His numbers at Chelsea are respectable and he looks incredible anytime he puts on that America kit. He just needs to work on his fitness. When he does play, he’s a livewire. 

I haven't seen that at Chelsea, I've seen an obviously talented player who can do good things but doesn't have good games, as if the intensity is too much and its more than a fitness thing.

11 minutes ago, madras said:

I haven't seen that at Chelsea, I've seen an obviously talented player who can do good things but doesn't have good games, as if the intensity is too much and its more than a fitness thing.

tbh I haven’t seen anyone in the last three years stand out for Chelsea aside from Kante, Reece James, and maybe Mount(the former two with poor fitness issues). Pre Boaly, it seemed like they had a patched together squad who got results through dogged team performances. 

Pulisic’s first season was good. He looked dangerous. I remember in the 2020 FA Cup Final Chelsea turning into a completely different team the moment he got injured as if they had all their hopes pinned on him. 

Edited by Astroblack

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I hope this is true. :lol:

25% wage increase is true on a lot of the older contracts. Also a 25% deduction for not qualifying for the CL. Maguire has had two increases and two decreases.

Article is therefore nonsense, as he's on the same wage when he signed. :thup:

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

if you guys are ffp limited should you just wave waited a year to get mount? 

Sounds great in theory, but without the reinforcements we fall behind our rivals, almost certainly fail to qualify for the CL and in turn lose a lot of money causing FFP issues next year too. You have to keep the pace.

Looks like Onana will be done for £46m including add-ons, Mount will be £55m. His add ons won't be triggered as they require us to win the league twice. :lol:

Leaves either zero or £14m for a striker based on differing reports. You would think after shifting Henderson (£20m), Williams (£5m), Elanga (£5m), Bailly (£2m), Telles (£2m) and Van de Beek (£10m) there's enough money there for a striker, which looks like it'll be Hojlund.

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Sounds great in theory, but without the reinforcements we fall behind our rivals, almost certainly fail to qualify for the CL and in turn lose a lot of money causing FFP issues next year too. You have to keep the pace.

Looks like Onana will be done for £46m including add-ons, Mount will be £55m. His add ons won't be triggered as they require us to win the league twice. :lol:

Leaves either zero or £14m for a striker based on differing reports. You would think after shifting Henderson (£20m), Williams (£5m), Elanga (£5m), Bailly (£2m), Telles (£2m) and Van de Beek (£10m) there's enough money there for a striker, which looks like it'll be Hojlund.

Think you’ll get fuck all for Williams but more for Elanga. Van de Beek is a busted flush too. Similar to us you might be having to loan him out for the next few seasons or waive on a free due to wages.

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Surely you could get more than that for Elanga?

Just now, joeyt said:

Surely you could get more than that for Elanga?

He's a bit shit. :lol: Really promising when he broke into the team, but he was dreadful every time he stepped on to the pitch last season. 

8 hours ago, toon25 said:

I yearn for the days of you shite houses signing players of the calibre of Wes fucking Hoolihan again...

;)

Take Wessi's name out of your fucking mouth

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

He's a bit shit. :lol: Really promising when he broke into the team, but he was dreadful every time he stepped on to the pitch last season. 

Even if he is the Man Utd premium and his age you'll get much more than £5mil I reckon

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

What is this? Don't think we've sold a player for more or equal to their value in about 20 years.

I've just got memories of Everton and Sunderland hoovering up all your dead wood in the past.

You're probably right though. Liverpool seem to get huge figures for their squad players

Edited by joeyt

15 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I've just got memories of Everton and Sunderland hoovering up all your dead wood in the past.

You're probably right though. Liverpool seem to get huge figures for their squad players

Aye we generally struggle to sell. The only time in recent memory we got a good fee for someone we didn't want was £25m for Dan James.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I was thinking the same, re Everton. They were always suckers with way too much money for Man United's cast offs. Now they're a bit strapped that option isn't so clear, I imagine.

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

Aye we generally struggle to sell. The only time in recent memory we got a good fee for someone we didn't want was £25m for Dan James.

City are taking most of the best youth in the area. Is that part of it?

Theres like 4 London clubs making decent money off the academy alone - Fulham, Arsenal, Chelsea spring to mind 

47 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

City are taking most of the best youth in the area. Is that part of it?

Theres like 4 London clubs making decent money off the academy alone - Fulham, Arsenal, Chelsea spring to mind 

No I just think the people in charge of transfers and negotiations are tragic and have been for a long time.