Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Is he mad, saying he is going for the 3 points? Pardew and Big Sam must be laughing their socks off at such nonsense. Damage limitation for me, anything less than a 3-0 defeat will be a bonus.

Is he mad, saying he is going for the 3 points? Pardew and Big Sam must be laughing their socks off at such nonsense. Damage limitation for me, anything less than a 3-0 defeat will be a bonus.

Their home record is fairly mixed. Swansea were dump in midweek and they only shaded it 1-0.

They're obviously way better than us and should by all rights kick our arses, but I can kind of understand the idea

Not play a right winger with no pace at left back against one of the quickest in the league?

Change it when left side is getting smashed?

Address us being unable to pass the ball by putting our best passer on before the game is over?

Put on a striker who can hold it up? Maybe one who has had a positive impact off the bench in the last 2 games?

Or the other option of change nothing bar out Hayden on as a like for like sub for Perez? Tactical inspiration.

We look so bad in translations no players running forwards, no players moving between the lines. Even when teams don’t press us particularly hard or high we struggle to retain possession for very long.

We really need investment in January.

Championship players who can't defend, struggle to score and have a stubborn manager.

This defeat wasn't a shock, really. It's just imperative that Lascelles and Atsu are back next week, because those back-to-back home games are huge.

As much as his team selections and subs, or lack of, have me a bit goosed. It isn’t like he is spoilt for choice. So many players look below the level required and players that cost a reasonable amount by our standard, are just not performing.

As much as we all whinge about certain players and selections. I can’t really think of any players who have consistently played well and exceded expectations? Bar Merino and Lascelles, who have both missed some key games, meaning we have struggled even more.

The fact of the matter is. This is a Championship squad, that lacks pace, power and goals. Apart from that, we’re alright :lol:

The amount of goals we have conceded of late is a worry. But my opinion is unchanged. I think most other managers that we would be able to entice up here, would have us in an even worse position and we’d be getting hammered even more often.

He's working with the worst PL squad we've ever had quality wise. Think some people (myself included) forget that sometimes.

:thup: having said that, it isn't unfair to say he doesn't help himself with team selections and substitutions sometimes like

Are these comments for real? fucking hell. I've had a go at team selections etc just like I would with any manager but "he doesn't know what to do?". Wtf is this wank

So the last 5 games have given you the impression that he knows what to do to make us look even a passable side?

Edit: it's 7 if you count Burnley and Palace (where we were absolutely terrible).

He's working with the worst PL squad we've ever had quality wise. Think some people (myself included) forget that sometimes.

:thup: having said that, it isn't unfair to say he doesn't help himself with team selections and substitutions sometimes like

Or his signings.