Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

So fucking happy we have (had?) this man no matter what happens next. He's not a yes man and has done so much for us. He's fighting our cause, knows where the club should and can be, and has at least given the majority of our fans a tiny bit of hope and belief again. He's given so many people a bit of a wake up call, that we can and should strive for so much more. This after years of apathy among the supporters after being fed shit by the people running the club, and the horrible cunt Pardew for way too many years. Everything has been so wrong for so many years, and the fans in general have barely had the energy to fight about it and stand up for what and where this club should be. Even if Rafa leaves, then maybe, just maybe we (most fans) just wont silently accept it and that there will be fucking riots and war! If Rafa leaves I can at least believe in some kind of "It's fucking enough now" and whatever that could lead to. It might not change much but I'd fucking love it if just about everyone has had enough if/when this goes to shit. Empty stands, riots, extreme protests and so on. Maybe one day the Geordie supporters will feel they've had enough of it and stop going.

Shit post in many ways I know, but my piss is boiling as I type...Sometimes I wish we could be more like some Turkish supporter groups for example..

Guest The Little Waster

So fucking happy we have (had?) this man no matter what happens next. He's not a yes man and has done so much for us. He's fighting our cause, knows where the club should and can be, and has at least given the majority of our fans a tiny bit of hope and belief again. He's given so many people a bit of a wake up call, that we can and should strive for so much more. This after years of apathy among the supporters after being fed shit by the people running the club, and the horrible cunt Pardew for way too many years. Everything has been so wrong for so many years, and the fans in general have barely had the energy to fight about it and stand up for what and where this club should be. Even if Rafa leaves, then maybe, just maybe we (most fans) just wont silently accept it and that there will be fucking riots and war! If Rafa leaves I can at least believe in some kind of "It's fucking enough now" and whatever that could lead to. It might not change much but I'd fucking love it if just about everyone has had enough if/when this goes to shit. Empty stands, riots, extreme protests and so on. Maybe one day the Geordie supporters will feel they've had enough of it and stop going.

Shit post in many ways I know, but my piss is boiling as I type...Sometimes I wish we could be more like some Turkish supporter groups for example..

I just wish the 50 000 had your anger ... Ashley wouldve been gone years ago ... Theres certainly no lack of heart among the fans but after ten years of being promised jam tommorrow , and mostly not even jam , im questioning their lack of brain cells as i can think of no other reason for why they put up with the shipwrecking of their club

Guest chopey

Has Rafa had a holiday this year cos I'm sure he missed last year's to concentrate on transfers that Ashley totally fucked him over on.

Has Rafa had a holiday this year cos I'm sure he missed last year's to concentrate on transfers that Ashley totally fucked him over on.

Nope - hasn't gone on holiday again to concentrate on bringing in new players.............

Nope - hasn't gone on holiday again to concentrate on bringing in new players.............

Seriously? Can you imagine giving up your well earned holiday to stay at work and have the numpties above you frustrate any potential deal you’ve set up through their incompetence/unwillingness to pay the going rate? And not once, but twice?

I think it's massively reassuring. It means we will know exactly when he's had enough of Ashley.

The point has been made on here before, but he's the ideal man to deal with Ashley. Basically, he's decided he's going to make us a success, and he'll dig his heels in further and further until he absolutely can't take us any further.

Is anyone worried about the vacant Spanish post?

I'm not as I think his football obsession wouldn't be able to cope with basically a part time national manager role! He needs to be on it 24/7!

Not that I know anything about it, but I don't think Rafa would be too interested - I can't imagine him being happy not working on the "project" he keeps talking about where he's working with the same team week-in, week-out. Also, after the time he had in the RM job I wouldn't imagine he's too highly regarded by the RM/Barca players that make up that team so not sure if the Spanish FA would even approach him based on that.

I could definitely see him being interested in managing Spain for the World Cup if the opportunity came up like.

Edit: Based on rumours in the Spanish press (Marca, Football Espana) that Lopetegui may actually leave his Spain post to join Madrid before the World Cup starts. I.e. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-spain-replace-julen-loptegui-manager-real-madrid-betrayal-sacked-latest-a8396371.html

He won't take the Spain job, just as he wouldn't take any of the other 50 billion job links he's had since being appointed here.

I wouldn't be so sure especially if he could manage them at the World Cup already this summer. Depends on how fed up he is with Ashley I suppose.

If I’m Benitez I play it the way he’s playing it, not signing anything until actual transfers are made. No need to sign anything and lock yourself in.

No good basing it on this one window either, as Im certain they would just fuck him over the remaining 6-8 windows- he needs to see ambition this window and a contract that lets him out if they then return to the same old ways.