Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Just heard from a decent hp a new contract to be announced early next month. Another 3 years, not sure if that's plus this year or not. (same person who told my he was staying after relegation but also did say he would walk start of last season so 50/50  :lol:)

Just heard from a decent hp a new contract to be announced early next month. Another 3 years, not sure if that's plus this year or not. (same person who told my he was staying after relegation but also did say he would walk start of last season so 50/50  :lol:)

Sounds like shite.

Genuinely don't think Rafa is as obsessed about the budget as people might think.

He just wants to know what it is, and be allowed to spend it as he sees fit. We have multiple reports that he is fully aware of his budget, and that is good news IMO, and an important difference from previously already.

We have already been told that he has a vast list of players across all price brackets, and so will adjust purchases according to the budget given to him.

Think Rafa will do a good job of bringing in good and useful payers regardless of the budget provided.

he'd be insane to sign anything at this point that includes a penalty from his side for walking, that ashley would even ask that at this stage would be enough for me tbh...could see why rafa might agree to that in the first place but if ashley is asking for it now he's taking the piss

Guest ElCid

Genuinely don't think Rafa is as obsessed about the budget as people might think.

He just wants to know what it is, and be allowed to spend it as he sees fit. We have multiple reports that he is fully aware of his budget, and that is good news IMO, and an important difference from previously already.

We have already been told that he has a vast list of players across all price brackets, and so will adjust purchases according to the budget given to him.

Think Rafa will do a good job of bringing in good and useful payers regardless of the budget provided.

He certainly does give a fuck about the budget when it’s as shit as what that idiotic fat cunt provides compounded by the fact his little useless prick of a chief executive has as much use as a chocolate fire guard. If a club of a decent standing pays the release fee he will be away if not he will for sure next summer. Rafa has had window after window of false promises and let’s not kid ourselves here if it wasn’t for the release fee he would be gone already and not one person could blame him.

Think maybe one thing that's keeping him here is the fact that he's seen Liverpool go through the dodgy ownership thing and have come out the other side in great shape . I think he aspires to make us a force like them . Big task to outsee our nightmare of an owner though .

Rafa will have different targets across all price brackets because he'll do a professional job while he's under contract. But I doubt he'll sign a new contract if there's no sign of ambition from the club to kick on in the near future, and I haven't seen any hint of us doing that. Looks exactly the same as it has for the last few years to me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa has never been a chequebook manager and while I’m sure he’d love to spend 100m or so, I really do believe he’d be happy with half that plus money from any sales so long as he could spend it how he liked, be that blowing it all on one player or using some of the money on loan signings which our club seems to consider a waste of money.

Hopefully given the impact of Dubravka and Kennedy they may think differently about loans now and the costs involved to secure them these days. Although how Slimani panned out it may reinforce their original views on loan deals.

We need to remember in Rafa he is a manager who believes via his coaching and other methods that he can make any player a much better one so he’s not someone who demands big money signings or star quality. I actually think he prefers to work with players that aren't the finished article or have outrageous skills and ability.

I think even more key for Rafa is restructuring the academy and facilities because that’s what will help him long-term and it’s that area where I think the real issues lie between him and the club and not so much budgets and money to spend.

Again the club doesn’t value that area as they have proved time and time again which will only frustrate Rafa.

Enough to see him walk? I don’t think so, but enough for him to see out his final year and then leave which I honestly believe Ashley would be happy to see happen so he can get in someone low maintenance who doesn’t challenge and demand more from him and his cronies.

Pardew anyone....

It wouldn’t surprise me even if the reason he stays away from SJP is because he cannot stand the adulation Rafa gets from the fans as it hardens the manager’s role at the club which has always been treated as unimportant, just like every other area of the club except for making sure the billions of SD adverts can be seen week in week out from every angle.

Rafa IMO could be picking his battles carefully and may accept trading a lesser budget for more control of how it’s used and or improving facilities because he will be confident even with average players and a not so big squad that he can keep it competitive to more than stay up as he oversaw quite brilliantly in the end last season.

He could also be playing the long game, chipping away to finally get what he wants or to wait it out to be here when or if the club is finally sold, that’s obviously his ideal scenario and what he wants as we all do.

It’s going to be another frustrating summer for sure...

He certainly does give a fuck about the budget when it’s as shit as what that idiotic fat cunt provides compounded by the fact his little useless prick of a chief executive has as much use as a chocolate fire guard. If a club of a decent standing pays the release fee he will be away if not he will for sure next summer. Rafa has had window after window of false promises and let’s not kid ourselves here if it wasn’t for the release fee he would be gone already and not one person could blame him.

This post is so angry and overly emotional man, and it completely imagines and expects the worst.

Rafa himself said just a month ago that his relationship with the owner is not as bad as people think, but that he will always fight for what's best for the club.

Think people are losing their cool a fair bit.

This post is so angry and overly emotional man, and it completely imagines and expects the worst.

Rafa himself said just a month ago that his relationship with the owner is not as bad as people think, but that he will always fight for what's best for the club.

Kaka please, what is wrong with you man  :lol:

Rafa has never been a chequebook manager and while I’m sure he’d love to spend 100m or so, I really do believe he’d be happy with half that plus money from any sales so long as he could spend it how he liked, be that blowing it all on one player or using some of the money on loan signings which our club seems to consider a waste of money.

Hopefully given the impact of Dubravka and Kennedy they may think differently about loans now and the costs involved to secure them these days. Although how Slimani panned out it may reinforce their original views on loan deals.

We need to remember in Rafa he is a manager who believes via his coaching and other methods that he can make any player a much better one so he’s not someone who demands big money signings or star quality. I actually think he prefers to work with players that aren't the finished article or have outrageous skills and ability.

I think even more key for Rafa is restructuring the academy and facilities because that’s what will help him long-term and it’s that area where I think the real issues lie between him and the club and not so much budgets and money to spend.

Again the club doesn’t value that area as they have proved time and time again which will only frustrate Rafa.

Enough to see him walk? I don’t think so, but enough for him to see out his final year and then leave which I honestly believe Ashley would be happy to see happen so he can get in someone low maintenance who doesn’t challenge and demand more from him and his cronies.

Pardew anyone....

It wouldn’t surprise me even if the reason he stays away from SJP is because he cannot stand the adulation Rafa gets from the fans as it hardens the manager’s role at the club which has always been treated as unimportant, just like every other area of the club except for making sure the billions of SD adverts can be seen week in week out from every angle.

Rafa IMO could be picking his battles carefully and may accept trading a lesser budget for more control of how it’s used and or improving facilities because he will be confident even with average players and a not so big squad that he can keep it competitive to more than stay up as he oversaw quite brilliantly in the end last season.

He could also be playing the long game, chipping away to finally get what he wants or to wait it out to be here when or if the club is finally sold, that’s obviously his ideal scenario and what he wants as we all do.

It’s going to be another frustrating summer for sure...

:thup: I have to admit, I usually just scroll straight past your posts, because I'm too lazy to read for more than an hour at a time. But when I do actually read them, they are almost always good, like this one.

I don't really see why investing in the academy doesn't make sense for fat Mike. Investing in an academy setup overseen by Rafa is a relatively low cost, low risk approach to improving the long term financial health of the club. My probably forlorn hope is that his reluctance to invest in this area is a sign that he does actually plan to fuck off at some point in the relatively near future. 

Guest ElCid

Give over man this fat cunt has ruined this club from the mom ent he walked in - emotional yes you're dead right I am because I get massively pissed off that an absolute crook is running the club with zero intent on allowing it to even attempt to fulfill it's potential - have you been in  bubble these last ten years

Kaka please, what is wrong with you man  :lol:

Give over man this fat cunt has ruined this club from the mom ent he walked in - emotional yes you're dead right I am because I get massively pissed off that an absolute crook is running the club with zero intent on allowing it to even attempt to fulfill it's potential - have you been in  bubble these last ten years

#votekaka2018

• 2 weeks later...