Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I mean, fair enough yes he has made some mistakes so far this season (every manager makes mistakes), he also made mistakes in the Championship and last season, but where we end up is what counts, 1st in the Championship and top half last season, let's have some patience and understand that he is working wonders under an owner who is deliberately trying to fuck him over, and focus our discontent firmly on the ONE person responsible for fucking up Newcastle United.

I honestly don't understand why any 'Newcastle fans' think anything other than this.

There's just no arguing/convincing/reasoning with some idiots people and it's not worth the debate.

Sad state of affairs.

I mean, fair enough yes he has made some mistakes so far this season (every manager makes mistakes), he also made mistakes in the Championship and last season, but where we end up is what counts, 1st in the Championship and top half last season, let's have some patience and understand that he is working wonders under an owner who is deliberately trying to fuck him over, and focus our discontent firmly on the ONE person responsible for fucking up Newcastle United.

I honestly don't understand why any 'Newcastle fans' think anything other than this.

There's just no arguing/convincing/reasoning with some idiots people and it's not worth the debate.

Sad state of affairs.

But the football is so rubbish!! Didn't everyone slate Pardew for the exact same thing!!??

Forgetting that Rafa's methods are proven over a season, aren't based on pure fucking luck and magic, and Pardew was actually given our most technically gifted team in fuck knows how long after our lucky run in the transfer market.

Sad state of affairs.

I think you do  in fact understand, given that you correctly called them idiots.

More wins against the top six last season than Liverpool, same amount as Chelsea and more points than Arsenal. Should be having a go though, it's embarrassing and the players will be embarrassed. Would much rather lose 5-4 in those games.

More wins against the top six last season than Liverpool, same amount as Chelsea and more points than Arsenal. Should be having a go though, it's embarrassing and the players will be embarrassed. Would much rather lose 5-4 in those games.

Rafa Bingo full house there [emoji23]

Rafa's record last season against the top 6, he's too negative though ammirite!?!17993d842b973a684a20314ffc453c22.jpg

Fucking mental, isn't it? Weren't some 'pundits' claiming that Rafa's approach to these games only 'ends one way', too?

The difference was the players' ball retention against Chelsea and last season against Man City was really, really poor. Was much better against Man Utd who we beat, Arsenal who we beat and Liverpool who we drew against. Chelsea last season was the definition of a dead rubber with everyone knowing Conte was gone so I've hated the comparisons to that game to the one this season people have made so I'm not going to include that.

The problem is not the approach/tactics.

Rafa's record last season against the top 6, he's too negative though ammirite!?!17993d842b973a684a20314ffc453c22.jpg

Fucking mental, isn't it? Weren't some 'pundits' claiming that Rafa's approach to these games only 'ends one way', too?

Only team not in the top 6, in the top 6 there. Clearly Rafa doesn't know what he's doing and we should go toe to toe with the likes of Chelsea, better to lose 6-0 and feel like we gave it a shot than 1-0 win/loss or 0-0 and "give them too much respect". Idiots.

The pricks on Soccer Saturday are about to discuss/humiliate Rafa in the next 5 mins if you want a pre game fume.

Same shit, different day. It was just the usual I’ll-informed generalisation bullshit. No context whatsoever.

I’m shocked quite frankly, Paul Merson is normally so insightful and accurate ?

As bad as this lot are, Steve McMahon was spectacularly stupid on the debate last night, he made the claim that Newcastle wouldn't be any better if Rafa was given £200m to spend, so why give him any money to spend? Then he repeated it a couple of times later in the conversation as if it's a great point.

Didn't see the game but does seem a bit weird we were so defensive against Chelsea considering how shaky they looked at the back against Arsenal, especially at home

I think it looked that way because our ball retention particularly in the second half was really poor. We seemed to turnover the ball almost as soon as we got it due to inaccurate hoofs so there was no chance to exploit their defence.

Not one of the spineless cunts even thought about posing the question of why there was a need to shut up shop. Not one comment at all bringing up the lack of investment and profit made since Rafa joined. Wish I'd not watched it now, even Stelling was taking the piss the utter twat.

As bad as this lot are, Steve McMahon was spectacularly stupid on the debate last night, he made the claim that Newcastle wouldn't be any better if Rafa was given £200m to spend, so why give him any money to spend? Then he repeated it a couple of times later in the conversation as if it's a great point.

What?! :lol: