Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I think he will stay. The last 24 hours changed it. If he comes out with quotes to change that then so be it. For those who are hopeful keep on. For those who have to find ways to try and be devils advocate or be negative to those who are hopeful please ask yourself why you find the need to do that.

That's me told.

Do you really think he'll be 'happy' about it? Genuine question.

Tbf i see that he might be happier to see Liverpool win the title over City.  But I can't see him being happy being beat by them, especially the way it went.

I think he'll be wounded.

Get him to sign and let him add a few real quality players plus Rondon and we could be flying next year. But yeah, we're Newcastle fans so it won't happen..

Guest chopey

I can see why Rafa wants to move early in the transfer market, we need fullbacks two strikers and a replacement midfield for the players that are moving on, it looks like we have stood still since last season and it will take a lot of funds to move us forward because of the lack of investment over the last three years.

I'm sure it means much coming from Louise Taylor, but she wrote in her article last night that Benitez is close to signing a new contract. She didn't go into any detail so I'm sure if she is basing it on Benitez's press conference last Friday or its just her gut feeling.

Guest covmag

He doesn’t now sound or look like a manager about to leave.

He’s staying in my view , 100%  O0

Again - entirely depends on this meeting, if it happens at all and how much of cunt Mike feels that day - usually maintaining a high reading on the cunt-o-meter

Hope you’re right though.

Again - entirely depends on this meeting, if it happens at all and how much of cunt Mike feels that day - usually maintaining a high reading on the cunt-o-meter

Hope you’re right though.

Its all its ever depended on, Rafa wholeheartedly wants to stay, one million percent, but not to the detriment of his principles. The ball is and always has been firmly in Ashley's court to make the right decision, until it's in black and white and signed by Rafa himself then no one knows the outcome tbf

Hope Rafa hasn’t been watching the Champions League the last few nights :lol:

He must be thinking with his CV he should go back to managing in those games rather than have his career held back by Mike Ashley.

There's no doubt that if he managed Barcelona or Ajax for the second legs they'd both be in the final.

I was thinking myself that we wouldn't be talking about top clubs not being able to defend if Rafa managed one of them. Look at what he has coaxed out of the players here.

(Corners this season aside)

Breaking News!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger pr war between Ashley and Benitez. The only information we have got regarding Benitez's contract situation is from Benitez himself during his press conferences.

Breaking News!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger pr war between Ashley and Benitez. The only information we have got regarding Benitez's contract situation is from Benitez himself during his press conferences.

At this stage I think no news is good news. Rafa certainly upped the ante with his comments in previous weeks and ever since the “positive” olive branch he’s not made any pointed comments regarding the club.

He does want to stay. Everyone knows this but he’s also a man of principal. He got shafted by a bad agent the last time in regards to the fine print of his contract. His hands were tied so he had to see his contract out.

This time it will be on his terms and he will have better agents looking out for his interests. It’s about somehow meeting the club halfway somewhere.

I have no idea what’s acceptable to him in terms of compromise.