Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm sure Rafa would rather the club offered him his current £6m a year salary but used the £9m left over to upgrade the training facilities.

Basically the same point as chopey who posted at the same time.

Not that I believe they've offered Rafa £15m for a year contract.

£15m  :lol:

Looking forward to the knackers bringing it up like gospel when Rafa leaves. "Turned down £15m man, didn't want to be here man. Get behind Sherwood and the lads man"

I said it before, but a 1 year contract extension for Benitez is pointless. It doesn't remove any uncertainty and the club will have the same attitude as last summer in that they won't give Benitez money unless he commits long term or that's what they say. Its either Benitez leaves or signs a new 3 year contract because I think most people are fed up with the Benitez contract situation being an issue every week.

I still think if he was going to sign he would have done so by now

You’re probably right, but it’s entirely possible that Ashley genuinely thinks Rafa is going to fold and accept his terms, and is surprised there is an impasse.

Hmmm I suspect he will prefer signing a one year deal tbh so he can leave if the promised investment doesn't happen. The club will want to tie him down longer than hang him out to dry with usual lies about transfer budgets etc

Am I allowed to give it hope that the 1 year extension is to give new owners options? In the event they don't want him, they only need to wait a year (not sure i'd want such owners)

Am I allowed to give it hope that the 1 year extension is to give new owners options? In the event they don't want him, they only need to wait a year (not sure i'd want such owners)

:lol: Please don't.

Guest chopey

Hmmm I suspect he will prefer signing a one year deal tbh so he can leave if the promised investment doesn't happen. The club will want to tie him down longer than hang him out to dry with usual lies about transfer budgets etc

He's already waited 3 years for investment I can't see the point of waiting another year "just in case"

Guest chopey

Otherwise hurry up ad get the next chump to relegate us so people actually start to take note

Yip, and if Rafa goes I want Pardew back

More points than last season. More wins than last season. Less defeats than last season. More goals than last season. Better goal difference than last season.

Yet we have finished lower than last season because other teams have invested in their squads. With some higher quality signings and getting them in early for pre season I think we can aim for 60 points next season if Benitez stays.