Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Chron: Benitez said: "We have one game to play and have to try to do well.

"We can finish one position higher in the table and we will try to do that.

"After that, we will know.

"I have some players asking me questions but still I don’t know.

"If we have waited eight months, we can wait another 10 days."

Or its rondon and not him he means: After Rondon was named player of the year at Newcastle, the question on securing the striker on a permanent deal also came up.

Benitez said: "It is easy to say we have to sign him.

"But still we have to see what is going on with me!

"In 10 days we will know what is going on." 

Although in 10 days it will only be known whether West Brom have made the play-off final or not.

Wonder why 10 days exactly?

Within.

Where does it say that?

Dunno where I saw it and maybe I'm wrong, but thats how I read it/ Rafa meant I think.

Thanks mate. It probably is what he means but I just hadn’t read it anywhere myself.

Also, wouldn't surprise me the slightest if Rafa is sick of basically nothing happening and has set a deadline date that is in 10 days. I mean he doesn't even know if Ashley's gonna be there for the meeting or not. He should have been tied up to a longterm contract already if we were even half ambitious as a club. Can't see him staying, unfortunately.

Guest chopey

The fact he has waited 8 months tells me Ashley does not want him here and is just playing the waiting game till he can sign a bloke who will keep us up much cheaper than Rafa.

Guest neesy111

The fact he has waited 8 months tells me Ashley does not want him here and is just playing the waiting game till he can sign a bloke who will keep us up much cheaper than Rafa.

Ashley probably does want him but not under the demands Rafa wants.

Signing Rondon secures our Premiership statue under Rafa for at least the next 2 seasons and probably next under a new manager. Easiest decision Ashley has to make.

:lol: I wonder what happens.

Guest chopey

Therefore both sides need to compromise. Maybe Rafa needs to accept China trips and generally younger signings, whilst Ashley needs to allow an occasional Rondon.

Why does Ashley need to compromise? He has told everyone in the fans forums that his ambition for the club is to stay in the league only!!! He doesn't want cup success or any type of a push for Europe, Newcastle United exists to stay in the league with the TV money as cheaply as possible with the added bonus of selling a purple a year to fund 4 or 5 more young signings.

Ashley has never hid this fact but we still turn up in the hope that things might change the fucker even wants us removed from the skyline

Therefore both sides need to compromise. Maybe Rafa needs to accept China trips and generally younger signings, whilst Ashley needs to allow an occasional Rondon.

Why does Ashley need to compromise? He has told everyone in the fans forums that his ambition for the club is to stay in the league only!!! He doesn't want cup success or any type of a push for Europe, Newcastle United exists to stay in the league with the TV money as cheaply as possible with the added bonus of selling a purple a year to fund 4 or 5 more young signings.

Ashley has never hid this fact but we still turn up in the hope that things might change the fucker even wants us removed from the skyline

If he wants the cheaper route to survival (a world-class manager, rather than giving McClaren £60m), he'd compromise. Without Rafa we're going down.