Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Leicester is closer to home for him and is currently a much better "project" unfortunately. It wouldn't be the greatest shock for him to be there once his contract expires.

Na I can't see it. Not a big enough club

They are currently a much better run club, miles bigger than us in terms of ambition and recent Premier League Champions.

I think it'd be a great opportunity for him.

Leicester is closer to home for him and is currently a much better "project" unfortunately. It wouldn't be the greatest shock for him to be there once his contract expires.

Think that's a good call actually  :'(

I think he likes as us fans though and our passion and commitment. Sees parallels with the scousers for some reason.

Not sure he’ll see Leicester fans in the same way but I agree that the pull of being closer to home and actually being allowed to compete for honours like a normal football club could be a big draw for him.

Leicester is only 30 mins closer by car, and 10 mins further away by rail. There is hardly a geographical pull here!

Aye but that’s not the pull is it? It’s the former title winners wanting to actually be a project that may appeal.

I agree, Leicester overachieved a few years ago by unfathomable odds. But since then they have done a fairly decent job of consolidating themselves as a solid mid table team.

They’ll never be as well supported as us but are easily as big as we are in terms of brand now. Rafa knows he’d get to spend 70-100m to add to some already very decent players they have.

He could easily establish them as a top 6 side.

Leicester is only 30 mins closer by car, and 10 mins further away by rail. There is hardly a geographical pull here!

Aye but that’s not the pull is it? It’s the former title winners wanting to actually be a project that may appeal.

I’m not saying it’s the main pull being talked about but it’s clear that there are quite a few individuals lacking geographical awareness!

He’s a known lover of the A50 too. Was in his book.

‘Our two games v Bayer Leverkusen, a job that was complete not only with authority and professionalism but also with a touch of flair. It takes me back to my first journey on Uttoxeter Bypass on the A50. Quite frankly a gorgeous piece of asphalt.’

‘Our two games v Bayer Leverkusen, a job that was complete not only with authority and professionalism but also with a touch of flair. It takes me back to my first journey on Uttoxeter Bypass on the A50. Quite frankly a gorgeous piece of asphalt.’

:lol:

I think he likes as us fans though and our passion and commitment. Sees parallels with the scousers for some reason.

Not sure he’ll see Leicester fans in the same way but I agree that the pull of being closer to home and actually being allowed to compete for honours like a normal football club could be a big draw for him.

Don't confuse his love of fans with enjoying the £££ more. I doubt he gives two flying fucks for the fans here or anywhere he's been.

Don't confuse his love of fans with enjoying the £££ more. I doubt he gives two flying f***s for the fans here or anywhere he's been.

Don't confuse his love of fans with enjoying the £££ more. I doubt he gives two flying f***s for the fans here or anywhere he's been.

Why isn't he in China then?

Why isn't he in China then?

Don't waste your time Triggs.

Don't confuse his love of fans with enjoying the £££ more. I doubt he gives two flying fucks for the fans here or anywhere he's been.

What a fucking bell :lol:

Leicester wouldn't really be a challenge having just won the title recently. All he'd do is replicate Ranieris achievement. To win something with us would be megga plus I do believe he has an affinity with the fans and the area otherwise he'd be long gone

Someones been riding the gearstick hard this morning. You'll do yourself a mischief, champ.

Guest Howaythetoon

I bet Rafa now regrets blowing 96k of his own money on the Hillsborough families all the years go, he could have bought a left-back with that and some donnay socks from the interest alone.

Fuck off you cunt, don't care if I get banned for this, what an utter cretin you are if you believe this. Go suck Ashley off!

Fuck off you cunt, don't care if I get banned for this, what an utter cretin you are if you believe this. Go suck Ashley off!

Deary me!

Post of the Year 2019