Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Really complimentary about him on The Ramble's latest episode. Basically said that other managers should use Rafa's tactics as a blueprint to keep a team in the Premier Legaue

I'm glad he's getting plaudits because he's done a fantastic job.

Seems to me that he's moving away from the rotational philosophy of his whole career, and instead having a pretty fixed first XI. A big part of that is that he has so few players he completely trusts.

You can't argue with the results. It does make me a little nervous as to whether we have the legs to see the season out. I'm sure Rafa would like to give players rests over the next few weeks, but every player in the XI is clearly the best option, and I don't think he'll take the risk.

And, of course, it makes the need for recruitment in the summer that much more important.

It's part of the plan, the rotation keeps players fresher so they're not fatigued at the end of the season like other teams, it frees RB up to sustain the first 11 when it really counts. He's done this before, you know.

Yeah. His end of season form has often been good and a few Liverpool supporting mates have mentioned similar. Rotate players around, then stick with a core of 13-14 players for the run in and the same XI, where possible.

I honestly think we will be pushing top 8 next season if he's still here, regardless of the ownership. He should have a decent wedge to spend, and a couple of key players will make all the difference. Kennedy signing full time and a top striker would be key to making his system work better.

I honestly think we will be pushing top 8 next season if he's still here, regardless of the ownership. He should have a decent wedge to spend, and a couple of key players will make all the difference. Kennedy signing full time and a top striker would be key to making his system work better.

no doubt in my mind we will if he gets 3-4 quality additions of his own choice

Agree. Another summer of his coaching, tactics and some much needed additions and recycling of squad. We’ll fuck up less versus the teams below I

Us and start taking points against teams around and above us.

Agree. Another summer of his coaching, tactics and some much needed additions and recycling of squad. We’ll fuck up less versus the teams below I

Us and start taking points against teams around and above us.

Honestly if you added a striker and a productive 10 to what we've got now we'd be top half I reckon.

Aren’t we already 5th for 2018 just off the back of having a new keeper and Kennedy.

If it wasn’t for that 9 game run and a couple of the other games at the start of the season we’d be looking at one of those spare European places that can pop up (based on Cup performance of CL teams)

Our form in 2018 is unreal considering the squad we've got. If Ashley was ever considering getting rid of Rafa after reading Crumpy's posts on NO, surely he must have reconsidered by now.

I love people's optimism that Ashley is suddenly going to change and allow Rafa to spend money.

Nothing will change, he'll be allowed to spend money the club generates, we'll be due a fair windfall of tv money I'm assuming.

Our early season form wasn’t that bad tbf, given who we were playing; overall we pretty much picked up the points that you realistically would hope for. It was November and December results which got us in deep doo-doo.

Steve McClaren got money when it was available. He set us back 5 or so years with it but he got it. Though I do feel Ashley's going to be even more of a cunt this year.

Is that even possible? :sad:

Alan Pardew is on the market so yes. Yes he can.