Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Don't really like it when he continually keeps banging on about the lack of quality in the side, can't be good for the players confidence.

Why not? It's the reality. I don't imagine any of the players don't know this deep down. The idea is that if they stick together and believe in Rafa and his methods, they could do well as a collective.

Guest neesy111

Don't really like it when he continually keeps banging on about the lack of quality in the side, can't be good for the players confidence.

Why not? It's the reality. I don't imagine any of the players don't know this deep down. The idea is that if they stick together and believe in Rafa and his methods, they could do well as a collective.

:thup:

Normally I'd agree that Rafa's negativity would be an issue.

However, I think (and hope) most of this collection of players will know that they're Championship material and yet to be proven at Premier league level. Some will know that they're flat out not good enough yet, but will have the hope that they can develop further. Others will consider themselves to be borderline good enough to be playing at this level, but will/should still recognize that the team as a whole needs more competition and to be driven by 3-4 top quality key players so that they themselves are able to perform to Premiership standards.

Just shows how downtrodden we are as a fanbase when we can be concerned that a manager wanting better players can be perceived as a problem. Of course there's a balance to be struck but playing for NUFC should be a privilege, it's not a charity. Consider the key players that won us the league last year, if we'd replaced them with better quality in the summer would anyone give a shit? Not really, because we should always be looking to improve. We've finally got a manager that demands ambition appropriate to the size and potential of the club and isn't shy about it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just shows how downtrodden we are as a fanbase when we can be concerned that a manager wanting better players can be perceived as a problem. Of course there's a balance to be struck but playing for NUFC should be a privilege, it's not a charity. Consider the key players that won us the league last year, if we'd replaced them with better quality in the summer would anyone give a s***? Not really, because we should always be looking to improve. We've finally got a manager that demands ambition appropriate to the size and potential of the club and isn't shy about it.

Spot on!

Rafa is actually quite the optimism, I mean, going to Old Trafford where they have only conceded like one goal all season, and getting an early goal to try and win the game, with two up top as well!

If Pardew was saying it there would be uproar with typical Alan bringing down the squad. I love Rafa and obviously it goes without saying Man United's squad is far superior to ours, I just don't see the benefit of repeatedly making a point of it in public.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Pardew was saying it there would be uproar with typical Alan bringing down the squad. I love Rafa and obviously it goes without saying Man United's squad is far superior to ours, I just don't see the benefit of repeatedly making a point of it in public.

But he doesn’t say it regularly, in many ways he’s defending his team, saying hey we lost because of the sheer quality of the opposition. And unlike Pardew, Rafa sends the team out to win regardless of who we are playing be it at home or away. He’s the reason this Championship side is sitting 11th and many of them can thank him for being PL players because frankly, only a handful would seriously look out of place in a Championship side, the rest no.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Pardew was

Proper getting on my tits this like.

Aye, the reason Pardew got called out on all his shit was because of his fucking dire record, Rafa deserves the benefit of the doubt 100%. One is Hitler and the other a fucking saint, howay man, the two do not compare and never should.

It's also just nonsense. Just watch the video above, Rafa is full of praise for his players and then answers that question about being on a level playing field with Mourinho with a grounded sense of ambition - stay up and then push on up there. None of this "Nooocarselll can't compete with Southampton" nonsense.

Pardew once dedicated a win to himself and Mike Ashley ffs - bet that motivated the players.

Guest firetotheworks

I think that's a fair representation of the difference between Rafa doing something and Pardew doing it.

Shan on Glitter tbh.