Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Love the bloke to bits but he's, rightly, going to have to answer some difficult questions and justify some of his recent decisions. We all know his hands have been tied regarding getting players in, there's a context but he needs to find a solution pretty quickly with the players he has.

Love the bloke to bits but he's, rightly, going to have to answer some difficult questions and justify some of his recent decisions. We all know his hands have been tied regarding getting players in, there's a context but he needs to find a solution pretty quickly with the players he has.

Absolutely. Continually playing players who aren't performing with our squad and situation is absolutely dire.

Is he in any danger from a very vindictive Mike Ashley?

5/6 losses on the trot in today's football usually spells a degree of uncomfortable.

Another loss this next week and he wouldn't would he??

In the middle of the takeover discussions? Doubt it.

Guest firetotheworks

The first time I've seen him get it wrong to the extent where I'm not sure what the intention was vs the alternatives. Poor timing with the subs as well, just got it wrong today and I imagine he'll know it.

This should have been 6 or 7 to them. He can't even set us up to contain anymore.

If anything it just confirms he was right not to abandon his ultra cautious formation despite everyone claiming we should go 4-4-2. Our defenders aren't good enough without that extra protection, and they still concede easy goals even with it.

Not changed my tune from last season, come match day he’s nothing special. As a man, as a club manager, as someone to spearhead a clubs revivial you’d couldn’t ask for more, but come match day it’s either defend for your lives and nick a goal or the plan fails miserably. It’s not much different to dinosaurs like fat Sam, I had hoped for better.

Also again, you can blame his hands being tied, but he’s partly responsible for that due to some hideous signings and his refusal to drop them when they clearly aren’t good enough.

This isn’t good enough from him, not by a long shot.