Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it's absolutely fine to criticise Rafa as long as you don't call him "out". It's pretty clear now what a manager Rafa is: immense preparation, abundant tactical knowledge, brilliant leadership, able to work with limited budget, world class network as well as boring, ruthless, stubborn, hit and miss substitution, meaningless transfer, like to play favourites etc. That's what we heard from Liverpool fans and I do think they are pretty accurate to be fair. However that doesn't mean Rafa is a bad manager and should be fired, that's absolute non-sense.

We can criticise, but we still have to give him our full support.  Simply as that.

See he had another pop at our transfer business in his post match comments:

"From September 1, I was worried and what I did was to work harder, and that is what I will do now.

"We are where we are and this is further proof that we have to keep working hard and stay compact together or we will have problems in this kind of game."

See he had another pop at our transfer business in his post match comments:

"From September 1, I was worried and what I did was to work harder, and that is what I will do now.

"We are where we are and this is further proof that we have to keep working hard and stay compact together or we will have problems in this kind of game."

Couldn't all managers do that though? Im sure everyone wants players through the door. I think hes spot on with being angry at not getting Abraham when it was all but done. But the market was over inflated and you would or could have been getting a shite player or your second third fourth choice at a huge inflated rate.

Plus players wages etc to come to a newly promoted side, i think the market didnt help as much as the tight fisted owner and poor negotiations from Charnley.

Whereas other areas it did work for us in a loan Deal for Merino who we basically tried tested and signed at a good price.

Theres at least 10 other sides who will not have got everything they wanted before the season, you just have to do a Burnley and Leicester and Watford etc. Get a good group to stick together and be aggressive, cheat where you can get away with it, bully sides.

I think Lacelles is the guy who understands this and is trying to drip it down to the rest of them, Ritchie equally has passion and desire, he literally bollocked Manquillo from the other side of the pitch yesterday. Ritchie is utter class and the rest should look to him as an example how to conduct themselves on the pitch if we are going to pull together and not lose games.

Watching La Liga Greatest on Sky Sports Main Event. Not even 2 years ago. Real Madrid getting cuffed by Barcelona at home 0-4. Bit surreal seeing Rafa and Paco there in the dugout kitted out in Real Madrid coats. :lol:

Think the decision to start Rodriguez instead of Casemiro proved catastrophic that game.

Guest neesy111

Watching La Liga Greatest on Sky Sports Main Event. Not even 2 years ago. Real Madrid getting cuffed by Barcelona at home 0-4. Bit surreal seeing Rafa and Paco there in the dugout kitted out in Real Madrid coats. :lol:

Think the decision to start Rodriguez instead of Casemiro proved catastrophic that game.

It was a team selection to appease the president, it backfired spectacularly.

It was a team selection to appease the president, it backfired spectacularly.

Aye, remembering hearing or reading that somewhere.

He's right like. Twitter and Facebook etc gives too many fucking bellends a platform to spout their shite. Two poor results, I was as pissed off as anyone but the bigger picture is we are fighting to stay up with a team that is clearly not the most talented. There are going to be shit games and performance but long term we will get better and stronger especially if this takeover happens.

Sick of going on there on a match day when we haven't won.

Rafa was given a spoon to eat a steak with, hes doing what he can with what he was given to use.

We just need to scrap through to the new year and hopefully pick up more players in Jan. 

Rafa was given a spoon to eat a steak with, hes doing what he can with what he was given to use.

We just need to scrap through to the new year and hopefully pick up more players in Jan. 

I think in a similar way to using the Championship as a way to prepare for the PL this season, he has to use this period of time to prepare for a possible future where he has better players. Add a striker and a number ten to what we have now and we'd probably be in the top six.

I think in a similar way to using the Championship as a way to prepare for the PL this season, he has to use this period of time to prepare for a possible future where he has better players. Add a striker and a number ten to what we have now and we'd probably be in the top six.

And a LB plus zero injuries we'd be top half I reckon, top 6 no.

i cant see how he plays his favourites tbh

he dropped his captain at the start of last season if you remember to give him a kick up the arse

what he does do however is continually play the players he can trust to do what he has asked them to do

as much as morons love mitro "coz he is radge" i dont think rafa will ever trust him to start him in the team and be there for 90 mins

look at wolves last season for example, yes he scored but was hauled off at half time because he was putting the whole team and game at risk.

he dropped his captain at the start of last season if you remember to give him a kick up the arse

what he does do however is continually play the players he can trust to do what he has asked them to do

as much as morons love mitro "coz he is radge" i dont think rafa will ever trust him to start him in the team and be there for 90 mins

look at wolves last season for example, yes he scored but was hauled off at half time because he was putting the whole team and game at risk.

That's the thing that annoys me to be honest, he's not even radge, he's just thick.  He doesn't absolutely lose it or anything, it's usually just crude fouls that he's never gona get away with and don't benefit the team at all.  If he went mental and choke slammed someone like Dele Alli or committed an outrageous chest high tackle on a dirty bastard like Cattermole then i'd genuinely love him "cos he's radge".  Getting pointless cards and snarling in the ref's face is just fucking dumb.

I would think Rafa is cool minded enough to weigh up the merits of a striker who might do something daft against one who offers no threat to the opposition.

If what we need is a focal point to be the center of our attacks, then you're either Joselu or Mitro. Joselu has squandered FAR too many chances and we're often only winning or losing within very slight margins - Mitro is in better scoring form and for me HAS to play over Joselu.

Whats more alarming to me is Joselu's not even holding it up anymore like he was before. He's bringing nothing to the team other than running around a bit. Its alright him banging on about trust, but what's he trusting Perez for, for example? Pissing about on the ball and giving up possesion constantly?