Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

True, but that doesn't explain Lascelles' sudden downturn in form. He had no idea Benitez was leaving so what's his excuse?

I think that one's explained by a level of naivety from him. When he was persuaded to make a statement in support of Ashley he simply hadn't realised the backlash he was going to get.

He was the supporters hero, they waved a giant flag with his face on, and then Bishop whispers in his ear ala Wormtongue how he could ease a lot of pressure if he just persuaded some of the fans Ashley wasn't all bad.

Going from hero to villain was likely a bit of a shock and still mentally effecting him now.

Viable theory?

True, but that doesn't explain Lascelles' sudden downturn in form. He had no idea Benitez was leaving so what's his excuse?

I think that one's explained by a level of naivety from him. When he was persuaded to make a statement in support of Ashley he simply hadn't realised the backlash he was going to get.

He was the supporters hero, they waved a giant flag with his face on, and then Bishop whispers in his ear ala Wormtongue how he could ease a lot of pressure if he just persuaded some of the fans Ashley wasn't all bad.

Going from hero to villain was likely a bit of a shock and still mentally effecting him now.

Viable theory?

Certainly something in that.

I would have thought the squad we have this season would be slightly better than last season's, Ki, Rondon, Fernandez, Schar, Muto should be upgrades on what we already had. Although other clubs have obviously strengthened as well there is no way that Rafa is getting anything like as much out of this years lot than last season's. Not sure why but I'll be very surprised if we don't go down this year.

I back Rafa. I always have. It's a fucking piss take the scraps he has to work with.

I'm happy with the away form as I previously said. Tactics work well, we've only been beaten off Top 6 teams.

The Fulham and Blackburn homes games have been dire. 8 goals in 12 home games is wank. I'm not saying we need to go all out attack but we surely we can push up pitch a bit more, and become a bit more attacking.

Appreciate he is working with shite but baffled how little Muto has played this season.

I back Rafa. I always have. It's a fucking piss take the scraps he has to work with.

I'm happy with the away form as I previously said. Tactics work well, we've only been beaten off Top 6 teams.

The Fulham and Blackburn homes games have been dire. 8 goals in 12 home games is wank. I'm not saying we need to go all out attack but we surely we can push up pitch a bit more, and become a bit more attacking.

Appreciate he is working with shite but baffled how little Muto has played this season.

:thup: We sat too far back last night and against Fulham, it doesn't make sense and it's costing us. We need to be further up the pitch against Cardiff.

Viable theory?

Certainly something in that.

agree

I'd say that's pretty spot on, I would imagine he's lost a lot of respect in the dressing room too with that, that could affect him and players relationships with him.

:thup: We sat too far back last night and against Fulham, it doesn't make sense and it's costing us. We need to be further up the pitch against Cardiff.

Cardiff are as slow as we are so it’d be daft not too, blitz em early with booing and bricking of the players if they don’t score in the first then.

Do we actually see a lack of effort from the players anyway? I'd say the application is there.

Agreed, although I think there are question marks over Kenedy. Otherwise the players are just not that good, they work hard enough IMO.

Guest chopey

Rafa getting closer and closer to the Leicester job

He'll leave at the end of the season, not now.

If Leicester offer pound notes Ashley will sack him.

He'll leave at the end of the season, not now.

If Leicester offer pound notes Ashley will sack him.

leicester will pay compo like palace did with pards and jabba will cream in his everlast undies.

Good. Hope he announces his intention to leave at the end of the season.

Newcastle is going nowhere under Mike Ashley... well apart from relegation, and rightly so.

I'd rather this whole uncertainty with Rafa was over. Why wait until may it's like prolonging a slow death

He should just walk we should just go down and become the mid table shit championship club we are run as

I'm getting sick to fucking death with it all.....supporting NUFC is grim as it's ever been in the last 40 years

Guest chopey

I'd rather this whole uncertainty with Rafa was over. Why wait until may it's like prolonging a slow death

He should just walk we should just go down and become the mid table shit championship club we are run as

I'm getting sick to fucking death with it all.....supporting NUFC is grim as it's ever been in the last 40 years

My feelings 100% however he might just be staying out of pure loyalty for the fans and his backroom team.

Maybe he doesn't want to pay £6 million.

And rightly so, why should he pay because the fat man is a cunt.  Not to mention the fact that he obviously wants to stay, and would if he felt he could do anything with us.