Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

We are quietly building a pretty decent squad even if a couple of key players are on loan. If we sign Rondon we would only be a couple of players off having a very decent team. Rafa could well be tempted to stay if Ashley can convince him that he will be backed with decent money.

We are quietly building a pretty decent squad even if a couple of key players are on loan. If we sign Rondon we would only be a couple of players off having a very decent team.

Rafa could well be tempted to stay if Ashley can convince fool him into believing that he will be backed with decent money.

Do we actually believe Ashley will do anything other than the absolute minimum? I find the Almiron signing really weird, like as if one signing should make up for a decade of neglect. And how can anyone take it as evidence that Rafa will get enough to make him happy here?

Just can’t see it, but then again Ashley is very unpredictable.

Do we actually believe Ashley will do anything other than the absolute minimum? I find the Almiron signing really weird, like as if one signing should make up for a decade of neglect. And how can anyone take it as evidence that Rafa will get enough to make him happy here?

I suppose it is expecting a bit much to expect that the penny would finally drop with Ashley that backing Rafa will increase the value of the club as an asset. Almiron already looks like he could at least double in value, the three central defenders alone will be worth a hell of a lot more than we paid for them. I mean we know he is greedy, but is he really that thick as well?

I suppose it is expecting a bit much to expect that the penny would finally drop with Ashley that backing Rafa will increase the value of the club as an asset. Almiron already looks like he could at least double in value, the three central defenders alone will be worth a hell of a lot more than we paid for them. I mean we know he is greedy, but is he really that thick as well?

When are people going to learn ? :lol:

Ashley is never changing, man. He isn't thick. He just doesn't give a fuck about the football club.

No. I think he'll do the minimum possible to try to keep Rafa and 50,000 fans at the club. Will that be enough to build something? Doubtful, especially with the tricks and deceit that will continue unabated.

When are people going to learn ? :lol:

Ashley is never changing, man. He isn't thick. He just doesn't give a fuck about the football club.

Well the logic would be that he might not give a fuck about the club, but he would about the investment, and I would contend that Rafa will make it worth a lot more than the next Pardew or McLaren would. But I guess he's enough of a cunt to prefer a lower value investment in favour of complete control. :lol:

Well the logic would be that he might not give a fuck about the club, but he would about the investment, and I would contend that Rafa will make it worth a lot more than the next Pardew or McLaren would. But I guess he's enough of a cunt to prefer a lower value investment in favour of complete control. :lol:

Your train of thought makes total sense to all of us. I'll never understand why he wouldn't want to increase the value of his investment.

However, 11 years of his ownership has proved that he is never going to think along those lines and wanting to have a submissive lickspittle in charge, rather than someone like Rafa who is going to challenge him, will always be his greater priority.

Feel like I’m jinxing us by saying this, but rafa’s  philosophy of Keeping players at 85% fitness is paying dividends and when taking everything in to account is the right thing to do. Though it may hinder us slightly earlier on in the season when our opposition  are at 100%, we benefit when they have nothing left in the tank towards the end and have stockpiled multiple injuries. Rafa of course historically has a very good record of keeping his players/teams fit, something we as a club do not.

in the occasional event we do decide to spend money, we can look more for quality, as a fewer injuries mean numbers are less important than they may get otherwise have been. It’s also means we give more focus to playing smart than hard, reading the game, teamwork, taking up good position etc.

In an unrelated topic I wonder if this may be why some teams benefit from bringing in another manager so much mid season. For example players not giving their all, then suddenly giving everything to impress their manager.

he's playing the long game, famine & feast

we've had 12 years of famine and he wants another 12 so he's gonna give us a wee feast to renew the hope

Leicester waiting until the end of the season to appoint a new permanent boss - looks ominous  :undecided:

Rodgers probably wants to wrap up the title and finish the season that’s all.

i've always thought rodgers might stay there long enough to try and break the consecutive titles record

Gonna be Rafa to Leicester and Rodgers to us, innit?

Knowing how vengeful Ashley is, I wouldn't rule out the massive body blow that would be the return of the King.

Aye, and give him £100m to spend on left backs.

Leicester waiting until the end of the season to appoint a new permanent boss - looks ominous  :undecided:

Rodgers probably wants to wrap up the title and finish the season that’s all.

i've always thought rodgers might stay there long enough to try and break the consecutive titles record

You’d think Leicester would be perfect and is the best job he could just walk into. Even if he sells someone like Maguire he’ll get plenty money to spend there with a good team already.

After Leicester`s miracle run, they`ve been quite trigger happy with their managers. And if rumours are true, Vardy and Schmeichel run their own side show. If they dislike manager, axe will fall. So really wonder how manager like Benitez is tempted to go there?  Rafa will find better options from other big leagues, if things with Ashley goes at it seems...