Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Remarkable only 4 Premier League teams have conceded less than Rafa this season :smitten: :clap:

Has to be the best Newcastle team defensively we’ve ever seen in the Premier League?

The best I've seen organisationally, definitely.

:thup:

I concur, certainly in my 40 years of attending.

Would be interested to hear Crumpy's take on this. Or possibly not.

Remarkable only 4 Premier League teams have conceded less than Rafa this season :smitten: :clap:

Has to be the best Newcastle team defensively we’ve ever seen in the Premier League?

:shifty: :iamatwat:

I concur, certainly in my 40 years of attending.

He got banned didn't he? :lol:

Not that he'd show his face anyway after a win.

Apparently he is already making plans for next season.

I read a few days ago he wants 4 or 5 players in the summer if he stays.

He will be acting like he’s staying as that’s the way he works and the ball is very much in Ashley’s court.

https://www.soccerstats.com/trends.asp?league=england

Some pretty amazing trends there - check out the 'Goals' tab.

We are major outliers in goals per game for both teams, less than 48% of our matches have a total of 3 goals or more, with only 2 matches with 4 goals and 1 match with 5.

The absolute epitomy of the genius of Rafa Benitez, we don't get tonked and working within our means.

Our matches also have the lowest average goals per game of 2.15 which is well below any other side.

Other interesting stats, only Huddersfield, Wolves and Arsenal have not had a 0-0 this season, and surprisingly, Arsenal (27%) have been involved in more matches than Fulham (26%) having 5 or more goals scored for any given match. Also, only Huddersfield (10) have lost more games than us (9) by a single goal, but as a percentage of overall loses we seem to be involved in more narrow defeats that anyone else.

Makes a massive difference when he gets the players who can make his system work like it's designed to. Almiron is obviously a game changer, and he had to wait for a year to get him. Imagine if he was allowed that sort of quality at wing back.

Fulham spent 120 mill and are effectively down in February. Imagine if Rafa had been properly backed.

Makes a massive difference when he gets the players who can make his system work like it's designed to. Almiron is obviously a game changer, and he had to wait for a year to get him. Imagine if he was allowed that sort of quality at wing back.

Fulham spent 120 mill and are effectively down in February. Imagine if Rafa had been properly backed.

If Rafa had been properly backed then we would at least be the best of the rest.

If Rafa had been properly backed then we would at least be the best of the rest.

If we keep improving the forward areas with quality like Almiron then Rafa will have us 7th and pushing.

I think a striker like Haller or Willian Jose in the Summer to give Rondon strong competition and another inside forward like Almiron(Someone like Saint Maximin) would have us challenging for 7th/best of the rest.

Defensively we are already Top 6 stats wise for the whole of the last calendar year. We just need to add a few more quality attacking players like Almiron then we will have the balance :thup:

To be where Wolves and Watford are isn’t that big of a jump.

We have to keep adding more attacking quality though.

And it won’t happen because yet again it would need the fat leopard to change his spots and will never. So as exciting as this has all been the only question they matters is what now for Rafa?

We can forget all about more/proper strengthening after Almiron. Ashley can't risk climbing the league.

I’m leaning more towards him staying even under Ashley. I think if he lets him sign Rondon or similar it’ll be enough to convince him to stay another year or two.

There's your schoolboy error.

If we hadn’t signed Almiron I’d agree but I think there’ll be a bit of money this summer.