Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest The Little Waster

Guess this is it, then. Back to where we were three and a half years ago. I suppose nothing ever actually changed, aside from there being a glimmer of hope that something better might come.

Just makes it more painful though doesn’t it. ‘Here’s what you could have won’

Bullseye !

Guest The Little Waster

May as well put a bet on us going down because if there's no takeover that's exactly where we are going

I feel strangely relaxed and happy about us going down ... its the only way to get rid of Ashley

Guess this is it, then. Back to where we were three and a half years ago. I suppose nothing ever actually changed, aside from there being a glimmer of hope that something better might come.

This. Deep down we all knew we'd end up back here at some point with this utter cunt in charge.

I know I've always held back on calling out the match going fans,  but anyone who buys a season ticket after this summer, really is part of the problem.

Any decent manager coming here is going to want some older players and actual funds to pay for players not the utter shit show Rafa has had to put up with. Mind even signing so called 24 year old and younger players seems a struggle for the thumb and Fatman to accomplish, we get beaten to our transfer due to our need to negotiate to the penny.

24 and younger players are also starting to cost a fortune especially if they have a lot of potential as their clubs know Premier league teams will pay it. Far better to improve academy, facilities, have a experienced first team squad and introduce gradually. Having experience of someone like Rondon, Diame, Ritchie can only help players coming through rather than inexperienced players in team learning their trade and hardly in a position to help younger players coming through.

May as well put a bet on us going down because if there's no takeover that's exactly where we are going

I feel strangely relaxed and happy about us going down ... its the only way to get rid of Ashley

Feel we would have to sink through championship for that to happen tbh, it's just rinse and repeat with Ashley, he would do everything to get us back up first time again and barely anything lost but can hide behind it until our next drop.

Don't fancy going to League One, although am losing interest by the day at moment. Maybe time to follow grass roots and forget about this shit show

I think we will use the loan market a lot this summer.

Probably, again just showcasing other teams players. Great times ahead. As an aside I sort of understand some fans going to get a way from the Wife rather than shopping or because they have kids and it's a family thing, but no fucking idea why anyone else would attend a game.

I still have my ticket because I fall in the wife and kids category and like to have a few drinks with mates on match days but am phoning up and cancelling if takeover doesn't happen. I will just give my wife money for shopping and keep other half season ticket money for match day drinking

Part of me is fascinated to see what will happen next.

Well yes in a sadistic kind of way, nothing good without a takeover. Perez, Lejuene, Ritchie will likely go as will others given a chance

Well yes in a sadistic kind of way, nothing good without a takeover. Perez, Lejuene, Ritchie will likely go as will others given a chance

I’m done with the club as long as Ashley remains so I couldn’t care less. However I was more talking about fan reaction. This could be the final straw for many.

Well looks like he’s gone. Best manager we’ve ever had. Fuck Mike Ashley and fuck Lee Charnley too.

Not better than Bobby. Close run with KK. I think if the game hadn't changed for the worst, KK would have been the best.

Maybe not best for us but as a manager he’s the best. He’s won nearly everything man.

I'd put them on a par. They're very similar, actually. Bobby was another master at getting a result. Two of the greatest football managers of our times have blessed this club with their devotion, and both have seen their final days soured. You can throw KK in that pot, also. Always the fucking money men.

Well looks like he’s gone. Best manager we’ve ever had. Fuck Mike Ashley and fuck Lee Charnley too.

Not better than Bobby. Close run with KK. I think if the game hadn't changed for the worst, KK would have been the best.

Maybe not best for us but as a manager he’s the best. He’s won nearly everything man.

I'd put them on a par. They're very similar, actually. Bobby was another master at getting a result. Two of the greatest football managers of our times have blessed this club with their devotion, and both have seen their final days soured. You can throw KK in that pot, also. Always the fucking money men.

Can’t argue with that.

I’m done with the club as long as Ashley remains so I couldn’t care less. However I was more talking about fan reaction. This could be the final straw for many.

Agree, there will be a lot of people totally sick of it but still think there will be at least 48 thousand there next season. Routine innit. I still go but am out if this plays out as I expect it and if Gary Monk or another PFM rocks up I hope the club sinks

Classic cycles of hope and denial. We have all known the truth we have just been happy to believe any of the lies that might lead to hope because the reality is so devoid of it.

Something has to give at somepoint. The general public is starting to see what we have for the past decade. I do think he will sell sooner rather than later as he won't get a better chance to make money on the club. It's freefall from now on. He will absolutely poison the well on the way out though. He already has.

Anyways, we should reserve this space for rafa love now. Best manager we have had since sir bobby and best person since hughton. He brought class and respectability back the club. As fans we had a connection back to the players and the club through rafa. It doesn't matter who comes in now they will always be in Rafa's shadow for most people.

OMG! The club are looking at replacements for the manager, whose contract expires in a week. Hardly a fucking expose.

Think it's more the fact that they are looking for a manager when in reality they should be trying to come to a compromise with the best manager we're likely to have for a long time.

Of course they're looking for a manager, the current manager's contract expires in a week. Even if they continue negotiations thy have to be repared for disagreement. Basically his tweet should say, NUFC operatig as normal, for once.

Probably, again just showcasing other teams players. Great times ahead. As an aside I sort of understand some fans going to get a way from the Wife rather than shopping or because they have kids and it's a family thing, but no fucking idea why anyone else would attend a game.

I still have my ticket because I fall in the wife and kids category and like to have a few drinks with mates on match days but am phoning up and cancelling if takeover doesn't happen. I will just give my wife money for shopping and keep other half season ticket money for match day drinking

I'd rather go shopping with your wife, than fund the fat cunt's existence.

aye when i saw that caulkin article my immediate thought was what wanker ashley is, he'll now need to bring in a new man with his own ideas and spend the money to let him shape the team how he wants instead of just letting rafa grow things

then i remembered it was ashley :yao: