Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry, but when you write growing movement... he can fuck off. He’s backtracking because he’s been called out on his shit and although he understands Rafa and his methods like Balague did and has wrote a book, I seriously doubt he has his ear etc. Another gobshite!

Take it you haven't seen the comments on social media then? If you had you'd know that growing movement is pretty accurate even if it is still in the minority. You only need to have paid attention on here to see that the number of people criticising him for things that are clearly Ashley's doing has increased during our bad run.

Yip, twitter is full of rafa out merchants, but there's a similar number of rafa in merchants too.

All Martin has done is report what's going on.

I think I need a forced exile from Facebook!

It's honestly got me down knowing that there is a growing section of our support who literally think Rafa is shit and we need to get shot. Almost as though it was all rosey before he turned up and he's got us down on out knees.

I can accept people questioning some decisions and maybe rafas bull headedness but to want rid of him? More and more I start to understand why we sometimes get a bad rap from everyone.

I think I need a forced exile from Facebook!

It's honestly got me down knowing that there is a growing section of our support who literally think Rafa is s*** and we need to get shot. Almost as though it was all rosey before he turned up and he's got us down on out knees.

I can accept people questioning some decisions and maybe rafas bull headedness but to want rid of him? More and more I start to understand why we sometimes get a bad rap from everyone.

Totally agree with this.

I've always wondered why fans of other clubs say certain things about us. These past few weeks have answered my question. We have some absolute knackers amongst our support. These idiots wanting Rafa out and cant see where the real problems lie are beyond help.

Guest firetotheworks

I would absolutely love to know from those that would sack Benitez would they propose to bring in to replace him.

That's 'not their job' Dave, howeh.

The media absolutely despise the fact we don't want him out.

This is the crux of it.

They seem to want to stoke things up and don't like it when they don't get the reaction they expect and want. It's almost as if the fanbase, largely en masse, have considered all of the available information and blame correctly at the foot of the owner rather than the manager. Which is obviously against fan regulations which clearly state that the manager should be sacked for the first poor run of results.

not saying sack him as who else would we get. Huddersfield and Brighton both doing better than us. Lejeune is not as good as mbemba, joselu not as good as Mitrovic and Murphy not as good as Aarons. Yet he sticks with them and doesnt give others a chance. His tactics are negative which ever formation we play. But not allowed to criticise in anyway is like Karl Pilkington says BULLSHIT

not saying sack him as who else would we get. Huddersfield and Brighton both doing better than us. Lejeune is not as good as mbemba, joselu not as good as Mitrovic and Murphy not as good as Aarons. Yet he sticks with them and doesnt give others a chance. His tactics are negative which ever formation we play. But not allowed to criticise in anyway is like Karl Pilkington says BULLSHIT

:lol:

?

Next crappy argument!

:lol: Wow, you're an awful poster. I thought shintonsghost and Chris Babalooba were bad.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but imagine thinking that the situation at the club would be made better by sacking Benitez? If fucking thick arseholes are entitled to their opinions then I suppose I'm also entitled to shout the fucking pricks down too. Absolute cunts man.

No, questioning some of his decisions is just natural, we all do it because we all have an idea of how we want the team set up. No manager has universal support in everything they do i'd imagine.

Another thing that irks me though, "well if carver or pardew had this run" craic. NO!

Me personally I give benitez the benefit of the doubt because I put him higher than the likes of Alan pardew and John carver, he in his career has earned a little bit more freedom to sort this shit out. His treatment of the club football side, and especially the non footballing side of things, is just another fucking world away from what we've been fed the past few years.

I love Rafa as nufc manager, I can't hand on heart agree with every decision he makes, but I can hand on heart say I don't want any other manager in charge of us at this vital time (or even after for that matter really).

Apologies for ramble

I think this part off of .com's post Arsenal report is bang on.

It wasn't just the clocks that went backwards at the end of October though: that bright start may have masked the truth from some, but Rafa has consistently spoken both publicly and privately about the reality as he sees it. He's not quite saying "I told you so" now, but it's not far off....

After beating Stoke in mid-September to go fourth we wrote: "we're making the best of what we've got but if the manager felt his side were short-handed on August 31st then who are we to argue."

This is a run to rival the post-Pardew, Carver calamity at the end of the 2014/15 season where a single point (also against West Bromwich Albion) in ten games almost ended in relegation.

A win against West Ham saved us then, one next week would certainly help to make things look rather less bleak ahead of the daunting task of entertaining the footballing Harlem Globetrotters.

It's what comes after Man City though that will dictate our fate - beating Brighton, Stoke and Swansea would put us back in the mix. Those hoped-for positive results will have to come from these players: booing or ironically cheering our own or stomping out of SJP if/when we concede to the Champions-elect won't help.

It's less than seven years since that miraculous recovery to draw 4-4 with the Gunners, but that already seems like it belongs to a different age of tolerance and patience from our some of our lot.

Enough outsiders revel in slagging us off - let's not help them by making it an inside job. United.

It wasn't just the clocks that went backwards at the end of October though: that bright start may have masked the truth from some, but Rafa has consistently spoken both publicly and privately about the reality as he sees it. He's not quite saying "I told you so" now, but it's not far off....

After beating Stoke in mid-September to go fourth we wrote: "we're making the best of what we've got but if the manager felt his side were short-handed on August 31st then who are we to argue."

This is a run to rival the post-Pardew, Carver calamity at the end of the 2014/15 season where a single point (also against West Bromwich Albion) in ten games almost ended in relegation.

A win against West Ham saved us then, one next week would certainly help to make things look rather less bleak ahead of the daunting task of entertaining the footballing Harlem Globetrotters.

It's what comes after Man City though that will dictate our fate - beating Brighton, Stoke and Swansea would put us back in the mix. Those hoped-for positive results will have to come from these players: booing or ironically cheering our own or stomping out of SJP if/when we concede to the Champions-elect won't help.

It's less than seven years since that miraculous recovery to draw 4-4 with the Gunners, but that already seems like it belongs to a different age of tolerance and patience from our some of our lot.

Enough outsiders revel in slagging us off - let's not help them by making it an inside job. United.

The fucking state of the crowd reaction to that Ozil goal. :jesuswept:

The f***ing state of the crowd reaction to that Ozil goal. :jesuswept:

One of the comments. :lol:

"The crowd reacted like they've just been told they can leave work an hour early ..... Christ."