Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Oliver Bell

‏ @OGBELL84

3h3 hours ago

Replying to @Matt_Law_DT

When you’ve had Kinnear, Pardew, Carver and McClaren in the Ashley era his name stands out. United a fanbase. Connected the club with the City. Brought credibility to the club. He has his faults, but they are vastly outweighed by his strengths. #NUFC

About sums it up for me.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't mind so much when people just say they don't get it. I never got the Rafa love at Liverpool to an extent, and learned when he came here. I'd much rather that than irrelevant know-nothings like Richard Keys proudly bellowing their ignorance as if it's insightful punditry.

I don't mind so much when people just say they don't get it. I never got the Rafa love at Liverpool to an extent, and learned when he came here. I'd much rather that than irrelevant know-nothings like Richard Keys proudly bellowing their ignorance as if it's insightful punditry.

Aye, but he's a football journalist. It's literally his job to know.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, but he's a football journalist. It's literally his job to know.

Ah is he? [emoji38] Aye, that's shite.

The point he makes is uninformed. Rafa has already managed some of the best clubs in world football. He's settled back in England and sees us as a project, especially with the potential a takeover looks likely to bring.

No idea why some in the media can't wrap their head around this. The fact he sees us as a project Rafa actually said himself ffs.

Be nice if Pep acknowledges the fact he’s gone from cushy number to ivory tower to billionaires row while Rafa decides to slum it and want to create a real legacy.

No other top manager has the balls to do what he’s done by coming to us, he really deserves this takeover as much as we do.

Be nice if Pep acknowledges the fact he’s gone from cushy number to ivory tower to billionaires row while Rafa decides to slum it and want to create a real legacy.

No other top manager has the balls to do what he’s done by coming to us, he really deserves this takeover as much as we do.

:thup:

:thup:

Good post.

Yep. Hope we win something.

Would love for a few journos or representatives of the club start calling them out on it. Results are the best way to silence them though. Wor Flags et al need to keep getting behind Rafa. Everyone hates it and TBH a siege mentality would be beneficial to us.

That Matt Law guy is such a weirdo man. Btw I'm just reading the Richard Keys stuff from a few pages back. He is and always has been a complete arsehole who never left high school. I've no idea why the media still gives that creep the time of day.