Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If he hadn't stayed on after the relegation and brought us straight back up, if he hadn't got Amanda Staveley interested in the club, if he hadn't kept us up for two more seasons on a tight budget under a malignant apathetic owner . . .  doesn't even bear thinking about.  Honorary Geordie for life.

Got sick of the Liverpool talk fairly quickly and scrolled along the bottom to see what they ended up talking about and just turned it off. Love Rafa but I'm losing interest in that Overlap show now, all they do is talk about the same teams and subjects every time. I look around the table and you've got Keane who hates us, Scott whos a mackem and Carragher who thinks we're gonna finish like 9th or 10th this year so its no wonder we hardly ever come up. :lol: 

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Absolutely crazy they never even asked a single thing about Newcastle. Ridiculous.

No shock. I watch these and quite enjoy them as far as they go but their lack of coverage and respect for us is pretty unbelievable. They had us losing to Southampton at the weekend, probably got a 30 second mention after 20+ minutes talking about the cartel 6 that episode. Also, WTF is Jill Scott bringing to these things anyway? I stuck this on and when I saw her wander in mumbling in that god awful accent I wanted to turn it straight off.

Thought Rafa looked great, but with my black and white glasses on, what a missed opportunity. They could even have just spent a few minutes on Newcastle and picked his brain on Eddie and how he thinks he's doing and a nice tactical breakdown from one of the smartest analytical minds. Nah let's just talk about Liverpool and the other cartel cunts endlessly. Pity.

48 minutes ago, Decky said:

Got sick of the Liverpool talk fairly quickly and scrolled along the bottom to see what they ended up talking about and just turned it off. Love Rafa but I'm losing interest in that Overlap show now, all they do is talk about the same teams and subjects every time. I look around the table and you've got Keane who hates us, Scott whos a mackem and Carragher who thinks we're gonna finish like 9th or 10th this year so its no wonder we hardly ever come up. :lol: 

I said this to my Liverpool supporting mate about stick to football & the overlap that’s it’s all Man Utd & Liverpool then they got Gordon & Howe on 2 weeks in a row [emoji38]

16 minutes ago, gdm said:

I said this to my Liverpool supporting mate about stick to football & the overlap that’s it’s all Man Utd & Liverpool then they got Gordon & Howe on 2 weeks in a row [emoji38]

The episodes with Neville interviewing someone are good, the Stick To Football stuff is basically those guys talking about their old clubs every episode. 

I watched it and yes it was mostly about Liverpool, but I still enjoyed it. Rafa got to tell his side of the story over selling Xabi Alonso. They went in to detail iver certain tactical decisions and it’s always great listening to Rafa talk about tactics.

Just now, Rafalove said:

I watched it and yes it was mostly about Liverpool, but I still enjoyed it. Rafa got to tell his side of the story over selling Xabi Alonso. They went in to detail iver certain tactical decisions and it’s always great listening to Rafa talk about tactics.

Whilst I was disappointed there was no mention of us I still enjoyed it

I love listening to the bloke, he was class for us and also he played his part in the takeover which should never be forgotten