Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Sadly this was inevitable, anyone was fooling themselves if they thought this played out any other way. I've lost count of conversations I've had with friends, colleagues etc who were convinced he'd stay. I never saw the logic. Rafa was always going to get screwed over by the fat man and his deplorable minions. 

Ashley hasn't changed in 12 years of ownership and will never change. He's had the perfect manager to take the club forward and he's tret him like an absolute mug and shown utter contempt and complete disrespect to the man himself and the fanbase who hold him in such high esteem.

The 'takeover' will now collapse in the coming days / weeks and we'll appoint a Pardew clone followed by relegation and the cycle continues... only this time we haven't got a manager who can lead us back and the fans will be gone (quite rightly).

A sad, even tragic day for this once proud club but Ashley has been a terminal disease to this club since he arrived, now after 12 painful years, he finally lands the killer blow.

Thank you Rafa for all you did and all you stood for!

Guest chopey

Been coming for over a year now and I totally expected it........................................but now its happened I feel totally gutted.