Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Hope he can continue to turn it around. Given he’s managing Celta I’m guessing he’s spent very little. 

Yeah this isn’t the Celta of yesteryear sadly - barely have any money - really tough job

Good luck senor Rafa!

Hopefully he's sat in his Spanish house putting his glasses into his inside jacket pocket at about 2.40pm tomorrow!

Edited by Paully

• 1 month later...

Just looking at Celta's results and it couldn't be more Benitez. :lol: No drubbings, just a load of tight losses.

Hope he can see them clear if he gets the time. Were they expected to be in the relegation mix, for those that follow the league?

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

Just looking at Celta's results and it couldn't be more Benitez. :lol: No drubbings, just a load of tight losses.

Hope he can see them clear if he gets the time. Were they expected to be in the relegation mix, for those that follow the league?

Close to it I'd say.

They've conceded a ridiculous number of really late goals that have impacted results. They'd have at least a dozen more points if they could defend after ~85mins.

Really hope it works for him there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Would love him as sporting director!

Who on earth advises him to take on jobs?! Us included - not that I'm complaining as I loved him as manager! Some of his choices these last 10 years have been crazy!

Edited by Paully

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

God this suggestion triggers me every time. :lol:

Ha ha I think he'd be perfect but I love him so very biased! [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Ha ha I think he'd be perfect but I love him so very biased! [emoji38]

I do kind of get it. I love the man and he's got a lot of qualities befitting of a director.

I just don't think I could handle the inevitable butting of heads with whoever our coach is, or him eventually deciding he wants the coaching reigns again himself. :lol:

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

I do kind of get it. I love the man and he's got a lot of qualities befitting of a director.

I just don't think I could handle the inevitable butting of heads with whoever our coach is, or him eventually deciding he wants the coaching reigns again himself. :lol:

Especially as our current coach forced our previous sporting director to leave.

28 minutes ago, Paully said:

Would love him as sporting director!

Who on earth advises him to take on jobs?! Us included - not that I'm complaining as I loved him as manager! Some of his choices these last 10 years have been crazy!

The way most clubs are run thesedays, not many top clubs want a manager like him anymore. He takes what he can get. Could easily throw the towel in