Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I believe it. £50 will be donated to charity if he somehow leaves. If not then nothing happens. Easy. There's just no way he's leaving

You say that, but don't believe it enough to put a bet on with the two people happy to bet £50 that he won't be here. So not that much. Very disappointing.

Ok I will take the bet will the 2 people then but nobody else as I actually only meant just £50 but yeah £50 with both people to be paid next summer. Or I can keep it as a donation to the foundation, whatever.

[emoji38] I was slightly on the wind up tbh, but fair play, I'll take you up on that bet.

Ok fair dos. So it was you and who else?

Guest firetotheworks

I believe it. £50 will be donated to charity if he somehow leaves. If not then nothing happens. Easy. There's just no way he's leaving

You say that, but don't believe it enough to put a bet on with the two people happy to bet £50 that he won't be here. So not that much. Very disappointing.

Ok I will take the bet will the 2 people then but nobody else as I actually only meant just £50 but yeah £50 with both people to be paid next summer. Or I can keep it as a donation to the foundation, whatever.

[emoji38] I was slightly on the wind up tbh, but fair play, I'll take you up on that bet.

Mrmojo

Mrmojo

Ok deal between us 3. I'm a man of my word if nowt else so will settle it in May if needed and same for youse.

Thought BBC were fair with him. Asked him if nufc was a happy club but he side stepped the question.

I think if he had made his mind up about leaving he’d be burning the house down around him.

Aye he's going nowhere like. Not a chance. Called it ages ago. £50 to charity if he does. Won't make much of a difference to us either way unfortunately till Ashley goes. I predict another 2 or 3 years or this with just slightly improving the squad each season with bargain deals

In the interests of not being needlessly confrontational what leads you to this conclusion?

I'll admit on some level I'm tempted to agree, Rafa is not behaving like it's all over but on the other hand the ball is in his court at the end of this season and he knows it. Ashley has fucked him multiple times so all good faith has gone, only way I see him staying is cast iron guarantees from Ashley on spending and he simply won't get it.

Possible 1 year extension I guess, last chance saloon style.

One thing no one should forget is how much Rafa loves the job and he might be reluctant to chuck 3 years away...

Yeah basically he loves it. He can't get shafted anymore than he already has been and he's still here. He won't want to throw away all the work he has done. He would be making more negative noises now if he intended on leaving. He's saying he will see about a new contract in 2019.

The fact he is even debating staying for a second is fucking staggering so yeah I think he will stay on. Ashley will stay on obviously and we will just have a few years of a bargain bucket team been well organised and surviving but throwing the cups.

My prediction.

Thought BBC were fair with him. Asked him if nufc was a happy club but he side stepped the question.

I think if he had made his mind up about leaving he’d be burning the house down around him.

Aye he's going nowhere like. Not a chance. Called it ages ago. £50 to charity if he does. Won't make much of a difference to us either way unfortunately till Ashley goes. I predict another 2 or 3 years or this with just slightly improving the squad each season with bargain deals

In the interests of not being needlessly confrontational what leads you to this conclusion?

I'll admit on some level I'm tempted to agree, Rafa is not behaving like it's all over but on the other hand the ball is in his court at the end of this season and he knows it. Ashley has fucked him multiple times so all good faith has gone, only way I see him staying is cast iron guarantees from Ashley on spending and he simply won't get it.

Possible 1 year extension I guess, last chance saloon style.

One thing no one should forget is how much Rafa loves the job and he might be reluctant to chuck 3 years away...

Yeah basically he loves it. He can't get shafted anymore than he already has been and he's still here. He won't want to throw away all the work he has done. He would be making more negative noises now if he intended on leaving. He's saying he will see about a new contract in 2019.

The fact he is even debating staying for a second is fucking staggering so yeah I think he will stay on. Ashley will stay on obviously and we will just have a few years of a bargain bucket team been well organised and surviving but throwing the cups.

My prediction.

Again, I think the bit you're choosing to overlook is that with no contact Rafa holds the cards. Rafa signed the first contact in good faith and was fucked by Ashley multiple times.

That's a very big hurdle to jump and you seem keen to ignore it.

Again in it interests of being positive Ashley might sanction some spending next year in the face of possibly losing Rafa having made fortunes for 2 years.

From Derek Wright’s interview with Caulkin;

“We have a manager now whose eye for detail is incredible. The injury record since he’s been here has been phenomenal and that’s down to his meticulous planning, when to use or rest players. At the same time, he has a depth of feeling. It means a lot. Some people have worked here who wouldn’t have a clue about tradition, about Geordie people.”

This bet is so depressing, if Bubes is right then it's another season of struggle with minimum spend to just survive, if he's wrong then Rafa's gone in an even worse scenario.

:anguish:

Lose lose all round really anyhow isn't it until the fat cunt fucks off if he ever does

Aye the only decent outcome is Ashley fucking off, or dying.

Anyone else slightly concerned about the West Ham situation?!

The heat seems to already be on Pellegrini and his next few league matches aren't the friendliest!

Everton a

Chelsea H

Man Utd H

if concerned you mean pmsl then yes

The heat seems to already be on Pellegrini and his next few league matches aren't the friendliest!

Everton a

Chelsea H

Man Utd H

TBF we'll have probably lost our next 3 too.

Everton a

Chelsea H

Man Utd H

It's going to cost them £15m to sack Pellegrini apparently. I don't think they'll be doing it in a hurry unless things get really desperate. If Rafa is a target it will be when his contract here finishes at the end of the season.