Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting.

Please let this be because Rafa wants his own people in.

Did Rafa bring him in? Can't remember.

Nah.. He was brought by Joe Joyce as a U18 manager back in 2011 or something.. Carver had him as a senior defensive coach during his tenure.

Am I stupid for thinking fatty might give in to Rafa's demands to keep hold of him?

Unless he's clinically insane you would think he would, although I think it will be a case of compromise on some issues, signing players of a certain age bracket being one area Rafa might have to go along with as long as he gets a decent budget.

I was reading Luke Edward's article on some quotes from Benitez's press conference yesterday and I'm not happy the club seem confident Benitez will stay. I don't think the confidence comes from the club willing to give some of the Benitez wants to sign a new contract, I think they are being complacent and probably think Benitez will stay just to be close to home so only have to offer him a decent contract.

Benitez seems open to managing abroad again judging from what he said at his press conference yesterday and has no interest in fighting relegation battles again next season as much as he loves Newcastle. He is correct this club should be competing with the likes of Everton in the Premier League rather than worrying about Cardiff. I would go further and say that this club could compete with Spurs if it was ran properly because its not too long ago Spurs were a midtable club and we were competing in the Champions League. If Raneiri can get a job at the likes of Roma then I think it would be no surprise if clubs wanting to compete for European football abroad would be interested in having Benitez as their manager next season.

I'm emotionally exhausted from loving this man. Changed the game with his switches today. As soon as Ritchie got out of the way I the right hand side of the pitch, we were all over them.

near end of first half when we were chanting "you don't know what you're doing!" - bloke a couple of rows in front of me in the gallowgate turns round and says "I hope they're talking about rafa."

near end of first half when we were chanting "you don't know what you're doing!" - bloke a couple of rows in front of me in the gallowgate turns round and says "I hope they're talking about rafa."

Brexit Forrin. They'll die out.

Should have telt him his driving school is lifting.

3 years of having a great manager since SBR.

Ok the first couple of months didn’t plan out well, but he’s turned us into a better team with arguably a worse squad. He’s given us hope despite the fat cunt who owns us, and I think deep down the majority if not all of us hopes he stays on even if Ashley won’t sell.

Guest godzilla

3 years of having a great manager since SBR.

Ok the first couple of months didn’t plan out well, but he’s turned us into a better team with arguably a worse squad. He’s given us hope despite the fat c*** who owns us, and I think deep down the majority if not all of us hopes he stays on even if Ashley won’t sell.

Bring him in one month earlier (Wally should have been sacked after the Chelsea game at the latest and probably two weeks before that) and the mackems would have been playing 1st division football a season earlier.

im sure most teams would prefer not to play us every week,man city will testify to that,all because of the job this man is doing,if he,s allowed to build and improve the club gradually we are going to be a force no question.Over to you mike now lets be reasonable and seize this opportunity

If they are planning to make changes to the academy in the summer then they might as well listen to Benitez's ideas.

From the Chronicle.

Newcastle United chiefs are looking to revamp the club’s Academy next season.

The Chronicle understands that Under-18s coach Dave Watson is set to leave the youth set-up next season after deciding to opt for pastures new.

Watson’s departure is not connected to Peter Beardsley’s exit but the former Everton and Norwich star is set to be replaced.

Rafa Benitez is well aware of proposed changes and will be keen to put his own stamp of the Academy if he decides to remain at the club.

The club’s youth set-up is high on his list of priorities when it comes to the “project” he has in mind for the years ahead - but nothing has been sanctioned yet by managing director Lee Charnley or Mike Ashley.

We also understand that United coach Ben Dawson - who stepped up his position after Beardsley’s exit - is set to oversee the technical side of the Academy’s coaching set-up and a refined role could be in store for the Geordie coach.

Benitez is keen for United to produce more stars like Sean Longstaff and Paul Dummett and has told Ashley he can save him millions in the transfer market if he gets his way.

The Academy has benefited from the all weather pitches Benitez requested three years ago while improvements to changing facilities have also been made.

Benitez shelved other plans in 2016/17 as he focused on promotion to the Premier League.

But he is keen to get back to “coaching the coaches” during sessions next summer if he stays.