Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Absolutely heartbroken - he's sorted out our injuries, our defence (no more getting thrashed) and our forward play was becoming more exciting with the new signings. The progress was clear.

Yeah points wise we were the 2nd best side outside the Big 6 in the last 30 Premier League games :thup:

I think we were one good summer away from really pushing on.

We’ll go the opposite way now unless a takeover happens.

Guest chopey

Have All of the players taken to social media to thank Rafa? From what I've seen it looks like a few are missing (Shelvey, Yedlin,)

Don't even care about his ability as a manager. The man was just pure class. There's not many people out there who can engage a club like Rafa does. His managerial ability to replicable but his ability to engage the entire city is not. He's a rare breed.

Absolutely gutted.

Fucking struggling today like.

Overriding emotion is one of pure disgust.

Feel like i've been punched in the gut.

Goodbye, Newcastle United.

Can't sleep, fuming.

Fuck everything.

Not trying to be funny or downplay your suffering or anything but I just find posts like this so odd. This has been going on for 11 years now. If you didn't 100% know this was coming at some stage, you've been very naive. It's like being devastated about your wife's 47th affair having known about the other 46. It's not going to stop anytime soon so I would brace yourself for more heartache or, much more sensibly, just toss it off altogether.

I disagree, understand ToonArmy1892 completely. Rafa brought feelings that had been missing for years. Hope, belief, pride, dignity. Those feelings go with him. Many of us started to believe in a bright future for this club, especially with talks of a takeover floating about. A future with Rafa and without Ashley.

There ain't no takeover and there never was.

Doesn’t look like it, no. I suppose you ”knew” that all along?

Fucking struggling today like.

Overriding emotion is one of pure disgust.

Feel like i've been punched in the gut.

Goodbye, Newcastle United.

Can't sleep, fuming.

Fuck everything.

Not trying to be funny or downplay your suffering or anything but I just find posts like this so odd. This has been going on for 11 years now. If you didn't 100% know this was coming at some stage, you've been very naive. It's like being devastated about your wife's 47th affair having known about the other 46. It's not going to stop anytime soon so I would brace yourself for more heartache or, much more sensibly, just toss it off altogether.

I disagree, understand ToonArmy1892 completely. Rafa brought feelings that had been missing for years. Hope, belief, pride, dignity. Those feelings go with him. Many of us started to believe in a bright future for this club, especially with talks of a takeover floating about. A future with Rafa and without Ashley.

There ain't no takeover and there never was.

Doesn’t look like it, no. I suppose you ”knew” that all along?

Takeovers are more of a Shelbyville idea

Deliberately getting rid of Rafa Benitez for f***s sake, can't stop shaking my head  :lol:

It really is f***ing mental  :lol:

Aye, i'm trying to have a bit of a laugh about it to cheer myself up but when you step back and think about it, just fucking wow.

Deliberately getting rid of Rafa Benitez for f***s sake, can't stop shaking my head  :lol:

It really is f***ing mental  :lol:

Aye, i'm trying to have a bit of a laugh about it to cheer myself up but when you step back and think about it, just fucking wow.

Of all Ashley's ridiculous decisions this tops the lot, just utterly baffling and self harming.

Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, the man is pathetic.

I agree, there is nothing likeable about this club now. Are we going to get an explanation on why they let Rafa go? I really couldn’t give a shit who the next manager is, unfortunately he won’t get my backing whilst Ashley is running the club.

I agree, there is nothing likeable about this club now. Are we going to get an explanation on why they let Rafa go? I really couldn’t give a shit who the next manager is, unfortunately he won’t get my backing whilst Ashley is running the club.

They'll blame him.

Wouldn't sign the offered contact

Not a sovereign state

Must be sustainable

Blah blah

We know what they'll say before they say it. The fact that Ashley has asset stripped the club from the inside out will obviously not be mentioned.