Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

On 30/05/2021 at 03:21, HaydnNUFC said:

I can't just switch my NUFC attachment off, mainly because I'm an idiot. :lol: Believe me, over the last 2 years I've tried. But yeah, it just will be more of the same shite next season, probably an okayish start, a rancid run in December-March and a good end to the season topped off with a bottom 8 finish. A handful of good performances which are immediately followed with 90 minutes of shit a la the turnaround from West Ham away to Brighton at home, Burnley at home to Man Utd at home, Everton away to Palace at home et cetera.

It's why Bruce is shit, no consistency, or just consistently shit. He never has taken a club to Europe via league position or won anything. Even if we somehow get Willock back, hold onto ASM or whatever, what I just described above is how next season will go. On top of all of that you've got the goading of the fans and being general cunt.

Benitez, if he was still here and we were signing the likes of Dias and Fernandes like he's stated he was looking at doing before limitations imposed by the hierarchy stopped him from doing so, with Rondon, Perez et cetera, we'd be in Europe now. Or challenging the likes of Leicester. 

And like you say, 2011-12, 2017-18 and 2018-19, perhaps even this season at a stretch, are times to invest in the team and make those steps forward. But no.

Newcastle United, a club of ifs.

I know before Ashley's time, but the summer of 03 is always in my mind, we only brought in bowyer... 

I’m not on Twitter (as it’s basically English homework for cretins) but someone should ask Edwards the simple question that if he owned a football club and he had the choice of Bruce or Rafa as manager who would he choose?  His response (or lack of) will tell you everything about the man. 

I wish the baldy cunt would start writing about a different club.

The Cockney, roll on deodorant headed cunt has 0 affinity to our club and city, other than the fact he’s having an affair with the Bacon sarnie shagger. 

On 02/06/2021 at 18:26, et tu brute said:

He’s ok and his heart is in the right place as he does want to see the club progress (naturally as a supporter). Noticed he has went from saying he is fully confident the takeover is happening to one of saying he’s not sure these last couple of months. Right way to go as nobody knows for sure. I mentioned last week

I just wish all the people claiming to be in the know or having some supposed knowledge would just give it a rest and let the legal cases make the decisions. I just can’t see any of these ‘in the know’ voices having any effect whatsoever in either case. Nobody knows what is being presented by either side and nobody will get to know until a decision has been made. Opinions for either side winning the case carry no credence for these very reasons. Just can’t see any point of the consistent calling out, when not one person knows what is being presented within their arguments by either legal side.

I woke up this morning and saw that 64 new posts had been made in the takeover thread and thought there might have been some news/updates being discussed. However, nearly every single post was a back and forth charade of who is right and who is wrong (again) based on very little apart from I’m right kids play. 

I can see media voices, arguments on here, Twitter, exclusives building up even more unfortunately with the current set case deadlines approaching. Just wish everyone would let it play out and wait for the legal cases to be heard. This is a general post not aimed at anyone specifically. Just sick of hearing who is right or wrong. 

I work with Barristers on a regular basis arguing points of law in tribunal cases, and trust me De Marco will come at this case from every conceivable arguable angle in order to counter whatever argument Bird & Bird present.  Unfortunately so will Bird & Bird.  Its just a case of is De Marco better at his job than Bird and Bird!!!

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

People choose to go on twitter, read his tweets, post them in here, then proceed to piss and moan about them. Does my box in. Why are people fucking reading them in the first place? 

I’d moan about it on there but I’m banned for seven days!

Apologies for quoting it but this is an excellent reply!

https://twitter.com/matt1978h/status/1400724077418102784?s=21

5 hours ago, Ben said:

Luke Edwards sticking the knife in Rafa again this morning 

That little weird cunt wants egged and slapped if and when fans return properly and they see that cunt in and around the ground. It would be fully deserved.

10 minutes ago, Paully said:

Superb mate :clap:

Thanks mate, I saw his tweet realised it was obvious click bait and supporter goading and read through the comments, his reply to anyone calling him out was "you haven't read it." So I did the unimagineable and actually read one of his pieces with the sole intention of picking it apart for the click bait it is. I'm still waiting on a reply...

Thing is, Edwards is such a gargantuan cunt and he doesn't even realise it. He's piped up after every good performance and/or result this season but after every AIDS inducing load of shit that's been served up he's either 'not seen it' or he's magically got COVID after the worst one of the season at Brighton and some comment him drinking wine like some sort of wanker. 

He's antagonising the entire fanbase due to their feelings about his mate, whilst he has had the privilege of actually going to see the games live. More than a year after any Newcastle supporters has been able to. He admitted in an interview or podcast that he enjoys getting a rise out of the fans with comments he makes. To top it all off he writes for a paper that has slandered people who have suffered and died from COVID, and acts in the interests of the political party that time and time again has shafted the North East. That he writes utter nonsense is just the cherry on top.

He can fuck off. Hope Orient gan bust and he stops covering us in the very near future. Absolutely despise the bald cunt. 

On Luke Egghead's statement that Rafa is the only top manager nobody wants, it's worth digging a bit deeper as opinions are really polarised on this. It's true that Rafa's stock has dipped from the glory days when he was winning the biggest club trophies. His football is considered somewhat defensive compared to the new wave of managers like Tuchel and Klopp. Chelsea and Man U would probably not consider him as a candidate so that much is true.

The top manager nobody wants is total bullshit though. It's true the CL clubs might look elsewhere, but I am pretty sure if the NUFC job doesn't come up soon, there will be more than enough aspiring PL clubs who would throw their hat in the ring when the time is right. Rafa is more than capable of challenging the very top clubs again if he is backed properly. If we got taken over by the Saudis and he got the job, I'm pretty sure we'd be top 4 material within 3 years. Very capable of winning a trophy as well, cup competitions were his forte. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

On Luke Egghead's statement that Rafa is the only top manager nobody wants, it's worth digging a bit deeper as opinions are really polarised on this. It's true that Rafa's stock has dipped from the glory days when he was winning the biggest club trophies. His football is considered somewhat defensive compared to the new wave of managers like Tuchel and Klopp. Chelsea and Man U would probably not consider him as a candidate so that much is true.

The top manager nobody wants is total bullshit though. It's true the CL clubs might look elsewhere, but I am pretty sure if the NUFC job doesn't come up soon, there will be more than enough aspiring PL clubs who would throw their hat in the ring when the time is right. Rafa is more than capable of challenging the very top clubs again if he is backed properly. If we got taken over by the Saudis and he got the job, I'm pretty sure we'd be top 4 material within 3 years. Very capable of winning a trophy as well, cup competitions were his forte. 

If Benitez had free reign and was in charge of us plus given the fact of the quality of player he was looking at while here (Fernandes, Dias) I'm sure that within a couple of seasons we're challenging Leicester, and probably in Europe. Without a doubt in my mind. Which is lightyears away from Bruce's ceiling and always will be. 

Sure, cunt owners probably don't want to take a risk on him given his history of falling out very publicly with prior cunt owners :lol: You could have summed that up in a tweet Luke, instead of using it as a pretext for 300 paragraphs of bear poking. Christ.

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

"The prospective new owners want Benitez, Newcastle fans would want him back, but everyone else seems to have turned their backs on him." 

That's fine by me! 

Did Edward's actually say that?

But according to him the Saudis are gone and have no interest in us? 

19 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Thanks mate, I saw his tweet realised it was obvious click bait and supporter goading and read through the comments, his reply to anyone calling him out was "you haven't read it." So I did the unimagineable and actually read one of his pieces with the sole intention of picking it apart for the click bait it is. I'm still waiting on a reply...

Class mate!

I can’t wait to see those glasses going in that inside jacket pocket again!

I know managerial markets are mad but he’s gone from 6/1 to 6/4!

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Class mate!

I can’t wait to see those glasses going in that inside jacket pocket again!

I know managerial markets are mad but he’s gone from 6/1 to 6/4!

Aye someone has put £5 after the story today that’s all :lol: