Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Bellamy is a grade a prick and although a decent player for us, he wasn’t anything special and without SBR and Shearer in particular he would have stayed at the level of Coventry. Those two, SBR especially, gave him the platform to shine. He helped Shearer’s game of of course and massively so, but he took away defenders and pressure off Bellamy who wasn’t a great finisher. Luckily for him Al was... can’t stand the prick these days. Robert I have much love for.

Guest firetotheworks

What I'd give for us to be in the position where we can be critical of players like Robert and Bellamy.

I was never critical of their performances, just their character, shit stirring (Bellamy) and general attitude towards the end of SBR’s time and the beginning of Souness’. You can’t call the manager a prick live on telly, feign injury or on the eve of a big game (Robert) slag the manager off even if it’s Souness. It doesn’t and didn’t help the cause whatsoever. Dark days...

Aye, it was a funny one. I think that was the main topic when I first signed up on here with my old id. I can't even remember my stance at the time, I think I was too engrossed with whether Viana would get another chance. [emoji38]

Having to make an "11th hour plea" to get some fucking players in man, tragic  :lol:

Thank God he wasn't some no mark has been, make no mistake, it was Rafa's stature in the game and his strength of will which forced Ashley to open the wallet.

Guest Howaythetoon

What I'd give for us to be in the position where we can be critical of players like Robert and Bellamy.

I was never critical of their performances, just their character, s*** stirring (Bellamy) and general attitude towards the end of SBR’s time and the beginning of Souness’. You can’t call the manager a prick live on telly, feign injury or on the eve of a big game (Robert) slag the manager off even if it’s Souness. It doesn’t and didn’t help the cause whatsoever. Dark days...

Aye, it was a funny one. I think that was the main topic when I first signed up on here with my old id. I can't even remember my stance at the time, I think I was too engrossed with whether Viana would get another chance. [emoji38]

I loved Robert, but he would do these critical interviews in France even during Sir Bobby’s time and while Bellamy was a key player for us and arguably our most important player to how we and Shearer played, I just never liked him and thought he was a prick. When Souness first arrived, ironically the two of them were playing really well, Robert was scoring and assisting and pressing and Bellamy was becoming what looked like a better all-rounder and then boom... they all clashed. Souness was a shit manager and a huge huge mistake which we haven’t recovered from, but those two towards the end didn’t help matters and for my money, were angling for ways out. Me, you remain a pro until the bitter end regardless of how the manager is. They besmirched our club’s name, more so Bellamy and caused huge ructions in the dressing room. Bellamy was intensley disliked in the dressing room and Robert was thought of as a lazy bastard too big for his boots. Maybe that’s down to the predominant English/British make up of the squad back then, but... regardless, Souness failed to manage them two, two of our best players, and ultimately that’s his fault. SBR manag3d them (just) and I’m sure someone like Rafa would have and KK, well, he would have had no problem with them whatsoever.

Im sick to death with him tonight after picking that hopeless bastard time in time out, His tactics when we are leading are starting to cost us big time too I wish wed stop fucking sitting back and trying to see the game out we don't have the personnel to do that

Rafa needs to take a lot of criticism especially for the whole Joselu farce man. I know Gayle and Mitrovic are both shite also but not this fucking shite they aren't. Ive seen lads playing on sunday after a bellyful of beer who are better than Joselu

None of the strikers are anywhere good enough, I'm sure he doesn't want to play Joselu but that's what he's got. Load of rubbish to say we sat back too much IMO, we should have been home and dry well before they scored, with goals from open play. Obviously we shat ourselves in the last ten minutes but that's what happens when you're on a shit run.

Im sick to death with him tonight after picking that hopeless bastard time in time out, His tactics when we are leading are starting to cost us big time too I wish wed stop fucking sitting back and trying to see the game out we don't have the personnel to do that

Rafa needs to take a lot of criticism especially for the whole Joselu farce man. I know Gayle and Mitrovic are both shite also but not this fucking shite they aren't. Ive seen lads playing on sunday after a bellyful of beer who are better than Joselu

And thankfully we have you supplying us with a manure-truck filled to the brim with  pungent criticism.

And thankfully we have you supplying us with a manure-truck filled to the brim with  pungent criticism.

:thup:

None of the strikers are anywhere good enough, I'm sure he doesn't want to play Joselu but that's what he's got. Load of rubbish to say we sat back too much IMO, we should have been home and dry well before they scored, with goals from open play. Obviously we shat ourselves in the last ten minutes but that's what happens when you're on a s*** run.

Systematically and tactically we were on point again without reaping the rewards. He's being let down by the individual quality of his players. No question about that. We'd have far more points on board with actual Premier League players.

None of the strikers are anywhere good enough, I'm sure he doesn't want to play Joselu but that's what he's got. Load of rubbish to say we sat back too much IMO, we should have been home and dry well before they scored, with goals from open play. Obviously we shat ourselves in the last ten minutes but that's what happens when you're on a s*** run.

Systematically and tactically we were on point again without reaping the rewards. He's being let down by the individual quality of his players. No question about that. We'd have far more points on board with actual Premier League players.

Guest firetotheworks

Geordiedean can't seem to get it into his head that Joselu was nowhere near being his first choice. He seems to think that he chose him specifically above all others.

Geordiedean can't seem to get it into his head that Joselu was nowhere near being his first choice. He seems to think that he chose him specifically above all others.

'Think' is a fairly strong word here.

There'll be two things keeping him here, duty to the fans and the possibility of the takeover. At the end of the season I'd expect him to leave if the takeover isn't done.

Never forget the reasons he joined, they still hold. He may have decided that NUFC is his club now and he's going to see Ashley off :lol: